Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Which Camber Bolts to purchase?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which Camber Bolts to purchase?

OK so Ive become freaked out over the camber alignment my car will need in the coming days after installing Swift Springs. So in order to get the best possible alignment I'm looking at Camber Bolts Ive found 2 so far:

NAPA NCP 2643642 14mm Bolt;Minus 1-3/4 Degree To Plus 1-3/4 Degree;Single Offset 18.99+tax

H&R "Tripple C" HR-TC114 14mm/-3 to +3 Degree, for Strut Bracket Width 35mm to 48mm $44.95+Shipping/tax

So the H&R is more expensive and looks to have more adjustment. I'd say this is better and made better than NAPA...If anyone has any experence with the NAPA or any other please let me know or if there are better options.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ehhh... what are you trying to accomplish? Getting back to -1? or getting the most camber possible?

You can use the top bolt (2 positions) to go from about -1 to -2.

You can use the SPC SPC-81260 to replace the lower strut bolt if you want even more camber to about -3 (or more fine adjustment back the other way).

Honestly, I'd not freak out just try and get the camber even from side to side (-1 to -2 up front and around -1 in the rear for a street driven car).
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

trying to back to stock.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

the drop on most springs isn't enough to make your camber go crazy. You'll likely end up around -1.3 which isn't anything (and honestly the Evo feel 100% better with -2* and really feels good with -3* of front camber).

The rear has a ton of adjustment stock, so you'll be able to get to -1 without a problem.

Stop worrying and get that 4x4 dropped already!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, so here is the next question should i leave the stock rims/tires on for the break in and then switch to my 18x9.5 for the alignment? well i think i just answered my own questions, but how much will my alignment change if any switching from stock to 18x9.5?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

the alignment shouldn't change just by switching tires/wheels, but you should always get aligned when you get new tires (so I say dead the stockers while you're letting the springs settle for a week or so, then swap to the new tires/wheels).
Old Apr 27, 2010, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for your help Goofygrin.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bumpin this up.

What did you end up doing and how'd it turn out?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
ehhh... what are you trying to accomplish? Getting back to -1? or getting the most camber possible?

You can use the top bolt (2 positions) to go from about -1 to -2.

You can use the SPC SPC-81260 to replace the lower strut bolt if you want even more camber to about -3 (or more fine adjustment back the other way).

Honestly, I'd not freak out just try and get the camber even from side to side (-1 to -2 up front and around -1 in the rear for a street driven car).
How does the top bolt work to get LESS negative camber. My drivers side is -1.8 passenger is -2.4 How can this be helped with the top bolt?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Odds are, you car is listing to the left. This isn't rare on Evo Xs.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Odds are, you car is listing to the left. This isn't rare on Evo Xs.
Huh? Listing? I found the problem another member on another forum explained to me that the top bolt on the strut needs to be adjusted. Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've seen a bunch of Evo Xs with more camber on the right than left, even before the driver gets in the car. If you measure the ride height on both sides, you often find that the left side is slightly lower (which is what I meant by "listing") - i.e., the chassis is rolled at rest, causing the mismatch in camber. Yes, you can fix this by getting aftermarket camber bolts, but if it really bothers you, the better solution is fixing the ride height.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 07:10 PM

Sorry if this leads it a bit off from the OP, but I'm experiencing the same thing Nagua is with my car as well. I just had Swift Spec R and the Whiteline RCK installed. My driver side camber is -1.12 (with the bolt flipped) and passenger side is -1.92 (bolt flipped). Given the springs haven't settled yet, would I expect more negative camber on my driver side? I don't get why the shop couldn't get more than -1.12? Is it wise to flip the bolt on the passenger side back the other way (dot facing in) to bring the camber more in line with the driver side? or go for another alignment? Help and advice is much appreciated.

Last edited by normega; Feb 15, 2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
I've seen a bunch of Evo Xs with more camber on the right than left, even before the driver gets in the car. If you measure the ride height on both sides, you often find that the left side is slightly lower (which is what I meant by "listing") - i.e., the chassis is rolled at rest, causing the mismatch in camber. Yes, you can fix this by getting aftermarket camber bolts, but if it really bothers you, the better solution is fixing the ride height.
Oh ok. Mine is listing then also. Very little maybe 1/8" but noticeable. I will raise the right side with coilover to fix this.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:58 PM

Can this be fixed with a custom built bolt or a spacer?

Quick Reply: Which Camber Bolts to purchase?