Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Konig Milligram Wheels: Anyone tried these yet?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone try them yet?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 05:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hrdcoreathlete
My friend works for Konig an got me a set of these wheels for my X in black...they will be on my car by next week since that is when they are finally released. Once I have them on the car I will post pics. Also the wheel is light since I saw it in person an felt it. I got the 18x10 with 35offset.
got any pics yet?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bggstin
These f*ckers are heavy...basically 19lbs.
Ignorant!!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:13 AM

I'm looking to buy a set of 18x9.5 +30 as my street dd wheels. Im still on the fence over these Milligrams in silver or the Kilograms in silver (car is Rally Red IX) They are both manufactured by Enkei in Japan for Konig, designed by Konig so they are true original designs.

Konig has shuffled some staff around in the past 2 years and they are heading in a new direction with wheels such as these. They seem to cater to the performance crowd more than the show crowd with such a design. This is good news. Hopefully more "cheaper" brands out there are going to step their game up and start producing quality products as there is a flood of knock-offs (fakes, phoneys, replica's whatver you'd like to call them) on the market and Konig comes along with a very fresh design with some nice construction features to boot. I never liked Konig designs until these surfaced.

Originally Posted by Bggstin
These f*ckers are heavy...basically 19lbs.

^
Dude, for that kind of size, they might as well be made of feathers for a weight rating any lower than 19 lbs...

It's nice to see a viable option over NT03's, PF01's and Team Dynamics for reasonably priced high quality cast wheels.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Konig has some interesting designs and the weights seem pretty good.

You need a lower offset than 30 though IMO.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002
Konig has some interesting designs and the weights seem pretty good.

You need a lower offset than 30 though IMO.
They do make a 18 x 9.5 wheel with a 25mm offset.

For me 18x9.5+25 is perfect because you can run 265 tires and have a slightly more flush fitment without going over the top or needing fender work.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:19 PM

I don't like the undercut style of the Milligrams - it just looks weak to me. The Kilograms appear a stronger design as the spokes have metal behind them where they meet the rim. I imagine the Milligrams are strong enough for the street but I would be hesistant to use them in a motorsport application where you are hitting ripple strips etc at speed.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 06:10 AM

I share the opinion on the undercut. The design itself still seems to be way more functional than any other Konig besides the Kilogram.

+25 should be perfect, I wasn't aware they were available in that offset.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

I have set of Konig Kilograms 18x8.5 + 30 for sale,. Brand new. These are Enkei made as well and are light. These look more like BBS wheels....
Old Nov 3, 2010, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Well, the Konig site lists 25 offset in their catalog but a visit to their inventory screen shows that none are in stock.

Konig inventory:
http://www.konigwheels.com/s.nl
Edit: the direct link doesn't work, you have click the icon that says "live inventory look up"

I'm still waiting for someone to make a decent looking, affordable, light-weight wheel in the Evo size range. It can't be that hard... but I guess it is!

Last edited by supergengo; Nov 3, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 07:52 AM

Just installed my winter setup with Konig Milligram. 18x8.5 with 245/40/18 Yoko W Drive winter tires.

So far so good with no noticeably handling difference versus the stock BBS on everyday driving. The Yoko are actually quieter than the stock Advan. Bought from Discount Tire Direct and the rep told me that I got the last 4 in the country for my configuration. Put 3 coats of wheel wax on the rims so hopefully they will be easy to clean.
Attached Thumbnails Konig Milligram Wheels:  Anyone tried these yet?-imag0082.jpg   Konig Milligram Wheels:  Anyone tried these yet?-full.jpg  

Last edited by changw1; Dec 7, 2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by changw1
Just installed my winter setup with Konig Milligram. 18x8.5 with 245/40/18 Yoko W Drive winter tires.

So far so good with no noticeably handling difference versus the stock BBS on everyday driving. The Yoko are actually quieter than the stock Advan. Bought from Discount Tire Direct and the rep told me that I got the last 4 in the country for my configuration. Put 3 coats of wheel wax on the rims so hopefully they will be easy to clean.
where are these wheels made? i know the konig kilograms are made in china with MAT technology licensed from enkei. so are these the same?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Actually those look better than I was expecting for 8.5". Thanks for posting pics.
Are those +30 offset?

Originally Posted by changw1

Old Dec 7, 2010, 02:33 PM

Yes they are +30. Pretty tight on the front with about 0.3 inch clearance from the brake caliper. The Milligram uses the same MAT technology from Enkei so I assume they are made in China too.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love how they wrote forged on the inner lip when they are actually casted.

Quick Reply: Konig Milligram Wheels: Anyone tried these yet?