Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

SHARING NEW SHOES - Riken Raptors - AA Z 300 rated

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by go_dlee
who's that girl in the 6th picture down, holllaaaa =D
I'm inclined to call you a perve... but I'll hold on to that. that's my 11 year old daughter.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by izzyevo
I'm inclined to call you a perve... but I'll hold on to that. that's my 11 year old daughter.
I was gonna say, she doesnt look old enough for you to be holla-ing at her.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

My bad, haha you guys are much better at discerning age than i, well OP of course cause its your daughter. Thought it may have been a friend, no disrespect haha. How you likin those tires so far?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

was this a normal street turn, or fast and the furious turn? it sounds like the car was running on metal wheels. I hope the scion is ok.

anyway, so far I'm liking the road feel of the car and I've been going where I want to go.

With all this horror stories, I'm glad I bought there replacement warranty.
it was a fast n furious turn more or less... a right turn at a green light taken at maybe 30... how u would take it hard in any car really... Just like the tires she had put on my wifes lancer right now, i cant turn to save my life... The tires on the lancer now are "diamondbacks" lol, same performance as those raptors
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by go_dlee
My bad, haha you guys are much better at discerning age than i, well OP of course cause its your daughter. Thought it may have been a friend, no disrespect haha. How you likin those tires so far?
I know I'm going to have to deal with guys after my little girl some day but now is way too soon.

The tires I feel looks great and the performance so far is up to par. I already had several chances of driving the car vigorously and so far so good. the tire is a lot quieter that the stocks and at 32 psi all around, the cars feel much more comfortable on the road, it helps when you are running aftermarket springs. As far as longevity, it remains to be seen, but like I said I have the worry free warranty so that gives me peace of mind. as a matter of fact, I was able to afford the warranty because the price of the tires were affordable.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Riken Raptors do kinda suck but they are the best for the price... plus we are AWD we aint no camaro that can barely hook up on slicks, any tire will grip with awd. Break lose off the line of course but from gear to gear your gonna be fine plus we will be buying new tires yearly rather then every 3 years! i run the Nitto NT555 and they are awesome just fyi, good price too 650 for all 4 in a 255/40r17 on the stock BBS SE wheel
Old Jul 14, 2010, 01:41 AM
Evolving Member

Update: Had a chance to autoX the car last Sunday at Mitsubishi superstore event. I was apprehensive at first but did three rounds and tires held up really well.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:00 PM

you get what you pay for... Tires are the only thing between your car and the ground. What is every other performance mod for if your tires are inefficient? Hopefully the tires are suitable for your driving.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDCZEvo
you get what you pay for... Tires are the only thing between your car and the ground. What is every other performance mod for if your tires are inefficient? Hopefully the tires are suitable for your driving.
All I'm saying is I believe, despite all the hate for cheaper tires... you can make your moneys worth and so far, these tires are working much better than what I am lead to believe. All of it is from my own true experience. That's all
Old Jul 14, 2010, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Nice setup, I also have a set of those Konigs in the shop. I must correct your statement regarding the size though, they are 18x9 (not 18x9.5).
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by XRims
Nice setup, I also have a set of those Konigs in the shop. I must correct your statement regarding the size though, they are 18x9 (not 18x9.5).
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

I dont understand why people are being cheap on tires. Its the most important part of driving really. And konigs... uhm, self explanitory.

Looks nice though. But im just not a fan of cheap tires, red pinstripes, matching pinstripes to car colors, and konigs.

What would look great on your car after you put the rims on would be blacked out the inside of the headlight housing!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Drew_FL
I dont understand why people are being cheap on tires. Its the most important part of driving really. And konigs... uhm, self explanitory.

Looks nice though. But im just not a fan of cheap tires, red pinstripes, matching pinstripes to car colors, and konigs.

What would look great on your car after you put the rims on would be blacked out the inside of the headlight housing!
I think you don't understand because just maybe you are a classic ignorant! Hopefully in due time you will be bless with common sense.

I like what you said about you're not a fan of my style but yet you think my car looks nice?????
Attached Thumbnails SHARING NEW SHOES - Riken Raptors - AA Z 300 rated-evox.jpg