Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Brake Pads, Help me choose

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Methodical4u
I'd want something that stopped as good or better than stock with half or less the amount of dust... I imagine that doesn't exist though lol.
They do exist! RacingBrake ET500.
Quieter than stock, way less dust then stock, better stopping power than stock, and a reasonable price.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i never used the DS2500. But im using the Endless racing pads, now this is a second year.
I do left foot breaking so they should be wared out already. But they dont. The rotors are looking good too. Stopping power is awesome. Dust is for racing pas , i would say acceptable.

Thats all i can say after couple of thousand miles. And as i said i have no comparison vs the ds 2500.

All i can say the endless is leaves up for his name for me.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 05:13 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i never used the DS2500. But im using the Endless racing pads, now this is a second year.
I do left foot breaking so they should be wared out already. But they dont. The rotors are looking good too. Stopping power is awesome. Dust is for racing pas , i would say acceptable.

Thats all i can say after couple of thousand miles. And as i said i have no comparison vs the ds 2500.

All i can say the endless is leaves up for his name for me.
How does left foot braking induce more ware than right foot braking?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chu
How does left foot braking induce more ware than right foot braking?
you left your right foot on the throttle to keep the boost up, while you braking with your left foot. It is very harsh on the breaks. But necessary, if you dont have an ALS or you have an ALS in the rally. SO basically you do it anyway. LOL

Rob
Old Jun 29, 2010, 06:21 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
you left your right foot on the throttle to keep the boost up, while you braking with your left foot. It is very harsh on the breaks. But necessary, if you dont have an ALS or you have an ALS in the rally. SO basically you do it anyway. LOL

Rob
I can understand what you're saying, but your right foot isn't on the throttle 100%, and you have to get off the gas to downshift...am I right? So exactly how much of both feet do you really have in? Also, seeing that you rally, how much are you really driving that way on tarmac? Rally on dirt isn't as tough on brakes as a track event..all my assumption of course!

Last edited by chu; Jun 29, 2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chu
I can understand what you're saying, but your right foot isn't on the throttle 100%, and you have to get off the gas to downshift...am I right? So exactly how much of both feet do you really have in? Also, seeing that you rally, how much are you really driving that way on tarmac? Rally on dirt isn't as tough on brakes as a track event..all my assumption of course!
wont matter you are on tarmac or else. You need boost to come out of the turn. Actually you torture the breaks more on tarmac.
You dont get off from the throttle that is the point... If you have to down shift before turn, you down shift before the turn, so from there you go with LFB control the car in and out of turn. Also that is how you keep the boost up. Anyway its off topic. if you wanna more, you can go the motor sport section in this forum and open a topic about this.

Rob

about not being harsh with the brakes on gravel... i have a picture at the timing control, when the pads are actually on fire.. LOl

i try to look it up for you.

i have some related video though a mean time :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzRz233WCm8

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jun 29, 2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which endless pad are you talking about?
Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

let me look it up, i forgot
Old Jul 1, 2010, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rob, the DS2500 is a good street pad, I would not compare it to a true racing pad. I know goofygrin was running them and even the 3500's on track events and he did not have good things to say about them for how much he was pushing the car. He moved on the Raybestos race pads and said they were better. But for the average spirited DD evo owner with occasional Auto X etc, the 2500 is a good pad for sure.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
Rob, the DS2500 is a good street pad, I would not compare it to a true racing pad. I know goofygrin was running them and even the 3500's on track events and he did not have good things to say about them for how much he was pushing the car. He moved on the Raybestos race pads and said they were better. But for the average spirited DD evo owner with occasional Auto X etc, the 2500 is a good pad for sure.
yes you are right. I did look up my pads, and they are customized for rally. So definitely a bad comparison.
Sorry guys.