Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2010, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

I'll probably being buying tires in a month or so. At first I was looking at the Bridgestone RE-11's. They seem to be considered one of the best performance tires out there. But talking to another car-guy friend... he pointed out that I probably wouldn't be putting the Bridgestone RE-11's to proper use since I primarily use my car as a daily driver with spirited driving on the street... and the occasional track day.

So I decided to look one step down on the tire ladder... and the tire that stood out to me was the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric. I had the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's on a previous car and loved them. What do you guys think about putting Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric on an EVO X? Especially considering that it's my daily driver.

Please give me your thoughts... these tires are still considered performance tires... and they'd cost me hundreds less than the Bridgestone RE-11's. The tread wear is also 240 on the Goodyears vs. 180 for the Bridgestones.

Old Jul 6, 2010, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had these on my Audi. I loved them. They are slightly better then the PS2 tires. Also very good wet traction. The main reason i bought these was the cost factor. If you can get better performance from a tire that costs less than a higher end tire, made the decision for me. Check out survey results on Tirerack. They will be my next set after these wear out. Also Tirerack has best price on them.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 07:57 PM

Go for it, great set of tyres in dry and amazing on wet roads.
It's also very quite....
I had them on my stock enkei rims which i changed out from stock tyres as they were really bad on wet roads..
And when i changed to Rota rims 18 x 9.5 x 20, still kept the 245 Goodyear tyres.
I tried experimenting with a set of Nitto NT05 265 which i purchased 2nd hand (70% thread left), used them for 2 days and changed back to my Goodyear...as the noise level on the Nitto's is too much for me)...
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

they will be my next set also always be a fan of the f1
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics installed on my car. Initial impressions are good. They are much quieter than the stock Yokohama Advans... they are also much more comfortable than the Yoko Advans. That being said... these tires still grip and handle great!

I don't think the sidewalls on the Goodyears are as stiff as the Yoko Advans (hence the more comfortable ride)... so this means steering feel isn't as sharp as the Advans. But the Goodyears still give good steering feedback.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Had multiple sets of these on my 03' cobra and thought they always performed well. Even held it's own against all the smaller cars at the auto x.