Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Anyone heard of TR Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone heard of TR Motorsports

So I was just browsing on tirerack.com looking at some wheels and I found a set from a company called TR Motorsports that makes wheels that fit our car (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand). They seem to be a knock off of the Volk TE37s. Has anyone heard of this company before? I tried googling and couldn't find an actual company website or any reviews. I was thinking of just getting a set of these wheels for my winter tires, and at $162 bucks per rim, how can you really go wrong? I guess unless they are so bad, then in the winter they get dented by going over a small bump and I crash.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TR=Tire Rack motorsports. I think they have Enkei make the wheels for them.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 01:17 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've seen theri wheels in person, and they look pretty good. I know they have a one or two forged ones availabel also.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

I wonder if they come any wider and what they might weigh.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jimm
TR=Tire Rack motorsports. I think they have Enkei make the wheels for them.
Wow didn't even occur to me that TR means Tire Rack. I checked on the site, and they said the wheel is made in China, so I'm a little skeptical on that.

But on the Tire Rack site, they have another TR Motorsports wheel that's made in Japan (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand), looks like an Advan knock off, and it's not forged.

The wheel I posted in my first post is 21 pounds and these ones are 19. Hmm.. maybe I should get the second set as a summer rim.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Actually that makes it sound more like Enkei makes the wheels for them. Enkei has factories in both Japan and China. Upper end wheels made in Japan, lower ones in China. All have the MAT technology...so not sure about quality as I am skeptical of Chinese products.

The one you linked I think is actually an 18 inch version of the Enkei RPF1 vers II that Enkei only sells as a 17 inch...at least it looks alot like it.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rands
Wow didn't even occur to me that TR means Tire Rack. I checked on the site, and they said the wheel is made in China, so I'm a little skeptical on that.

But on the Tire Rack site, they have another TR Motorsports wheel that's made in Japan (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand), looks like an Advan knock off, and it's not forged.

The wheel I posted in my first post is 21 pounds and these ones are 19. Hmm.. maybe I should get the second set as a summer rim.
I have those wheels and they are made by Enkei. They are my winter wheel/tire setup and are actually pretty nice wheels for the price. Only one paint chip on the entire set after a Canadian winter of gravel and sanded roads.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by heavyD
I have those wheels and they are made by Enkei. They are my winter wheel/tire setup and are actually pretty nice wheels for the price. Only one paint chip on the entire set after a Canadian winter of gravel and sanded roads.
Ah cool, thanks for the heads up! I'll keep that in mind when I'm about to order my winter wheels.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 08:47 PM

my friend just got one for his s2000....wheels look really nice plus it's light!

my only concern was that it was "Made in China"

this is what he ordered....http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand
Old Aug 27, 2010, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

I am selling a set of 18x10's

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ght-20lbs.html
Old Nov 6, 2010, 05:54 PM

i have the TR motorsports from china as my daily driver wheels and i like them, drove from Buffalo NY to Houston Tx to LA to Vegas and back and they are light strong and durable. Downside was they were on back order for like 6 months and balancing one of them is strangely difficult, dunno if its oval or not. Either way they were cheap considering the size.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

in this day and age, if it aint made in China, it aint ****! (Super Joking btw ..plz dont kill me). In all seriousness, I do not think TR is bad at all