Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Ceramic pads for Slotted/Dimpled Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2010, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ceramic pads for Slotted/Dimpled Rotors?

So I am looking to get new pads and rotors. There is a manufacturer that is offering slotted/dimpled rotors with a set of Hawk Ceramic Pads. The Ceramic pads are supposed to be the lowest dust pad, but have less bite compared to other pads. I have been told that you should not use ceramic pads with slotted rotors because they really cut down on pad life. Any thoughts?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Poondoggs
So I am looking to get new pads and rotors. There is a manufacturer that is offering slotted/dimpled rotors with a set of Hawk Ceramic Pads. The Ceramic pads are supposed to be the lowest dust pad, but have less bite compared to other pads. I have been told that you should not use ceramic pads with slotted rotors because they really cut down on pad life. Any thoughts?
Slotted rotors will reduce the service life of any pad compound, not just ceramic. But it is usually not that significant, depending on how they are used. I expect about 10% more wear over time for normal street driving. Some pads will do better, some worse.

Chris