Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Blizzaks

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blizzaks

Does anyone know if there is a big difference between the LM-22 and the LM-60, and if so what? I did a little searching and it basically looks like the 22s are the old model and the new ones have a higher load and speed rating and possibly last longer. Looking on tire rack the 22s are $170 cheaper for a set of 4. Are the 60s worth that much more?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:30 PM

Hey I just picked up a set of Blizzaks LM-60 but havent mounted them yet. I checked all over for the best deal I can get because Tirerack price was just too expensive for me. Let me know if you go with the lm60s and also what size.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked up my LM-60s on tire rack for like 670 shipped or something like that for my WRX last winter and I thought they were well worth the money. When I purchased my EVO X MR in November I found a used set of LM-25v tires with almost all the tread on them for a good price so I purchased them for this winter. So far they are ok for the money (I) paid but I would not recommend anyone buy em brand new. If you can, go for the LM-60's. Even though it was a wrx vs the evo I noticed a little bit more control with the wrx and the tread pattern is a bit different with more agressive teeth on the edges of the LM-60 tire. Overall I think I'm gonna have the LM25's dismounted and sell them next winter and purchase a set of LM60's. Hope this helps!
Old Jan 4, 2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by luvboost
I picked up my LM-60s on tire rack for like 670 shipped or something like that for my WRX last winter and I thought they were well worth the money. When I purchased my EVO X MR in November I found a used set of LM-25v tires with almost all the tread on them for a good price so I purchased them for this winter. So far they are ok for the money (I) paid but I would not recommend anyone buy em brand new. If you can, go for the LM-60's. Even though it was a wrx vs the evo I noticed a little bit more control with the wrx and the tread pattern is a bit different with more agressive teeth on the edges of the LM-60 tire. Overall I think I'm gonna have the LM25's dismounted and sell them next winter and purchase a set of LM60's. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the response, that is exactly what I am looking for.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 03:42 PM

just picked up a set on a set of stock evo wheels for 500 bucks. tires are brand new and man what a change up lol. its like a whole new car. i have to look which ones they are though.