Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

alignment? flip the camber plate?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by odin
Took the car to the firetone and got lifetime alignment ($179.99 with $30off discount = $149.99), not bad at all. But the tech told me that the front camber can NOT be adjusted!? He even took me inside the shop and show me their screen, the machine does say "Lancer Evolution X front camber unadjustable"... Any one knows why? Btw, I did tell the tech to look for the bolt, but he couldn't find it...

so my result is:
Front
Left : Camber= -0.7(original); Toe= 0;
Right: Camber= -1.1(original); Toe=0;

Rear
Left: Camber= -1.1; Toe= 0.17;
Right: Camber= -1.1; Toe=0.10.

Can anyone specify where the front camber bolts are? Pic will be highly appreciated!!!

PS: never mind, just found the post and wrote the info down. Gonna bring it to the firestone and show to the tech next time (LIFETIME alignment is wonderful lol)...
how did you get the $30 discount?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WREvo
I disagree with the wheel statement. If i were getting a wider set of wheels even if i wasn't lowered i would want to get aligned.
Wider wheels has NOTHING to do with alignment. A wider wheel does not in any way affect camber/caster/toe... The alignment is at the hub as said, the hub has not changed and even if it moved out or in, it doesn't change the suspension metrics, only contact patch.

Last edited by SiliconTek; Dec 30, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
/---\

//---\\

Set at the hub.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cbr1000
how did you get the $30 discount?
Well, I just walked in and asked for alignment. The guy said it would be $79.99 but there is also a lifetime one as long as you keep ur car... and they currently offer $30 off for the lifetime one... So I said why not?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by odin
Took the car to the firetone and got lifetime alignment ($179.99 with $30off discount = $149.99), not bad at all. But the tech told me that the front camber can NOT be adjusted!? He even took me inside the shop and show me their screen, the machine does say "Lancer Evolution X front camber unadjustable"... Any one knows why? Btw, I did tell the tech to look for the bolt, but he couldn't find it...

so my result is:
Front
Left : Camber= -0.7(original); Toe= 0;
Right: Camber= -1.1(original); Toe=0;

Rear
Left: Camber= -1.1; Toe= 0.17;
Right: Camber= -1.1; Toe=0.10.

Can anyone specify where the front camber bolts are? Pic will be highly appreciated!!!

PS: never mind, just found the post and wrote the info down. Gonna bring it to the firestone and show to the tech next time (LIFETIME alignment is wonderful lol)...
Reason #467 why I don't take my car to places like Firestone for an alignment. a stock spec alignment: maybe, but when you want something specific, taking it to someone who sets cars up regularly for these things is worth the cash.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dek0026
Reason #467 why I don't take my car to places like Firestone for an alignment. a stock spec alignment: maybe, but when you want something specific, taking it to someone who sets cars up regularly for these things is worth the cash.
Well played, well played...
Old Dec 31, 2010, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

#5. Have a mechanic as a life long friend, take the car to him regardless of where he's employed.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cbr1000
#5. Have a mechanic as a life long friend, take the car to him regardless of where he's employed.

I second that. Where I used to live, I had friends at the Honda dealership who would always help me out with things that required special equipment. Then I moved halfway across the country
Old Jan 1, 2011, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Alignment was done today... thx for everyones input.. see pictures of alignment specs. To keep a long story short, if you buy a new evo an alignment should be on your list of things to do. My car was out of alignment with 30 miles on it .. front left was way out.

Anyway, I went -1 0 toe all the way around. By loosening up the bolts on the struts and tightening again we were able to get it dialed in.

I went with stick on weights on the inside of the wheel see pictures, you can't tell there on unless you are looking for them.

The tire changing system they used had plastic parts.. no metal to scratch up my wheels. My wheels didn't have a single mark on them.. I was worried about that.

Car drives noticeably better... and I got the discount