Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

looking for better lowering spring

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach ProKit = FAIL

I had them on my MR for about 105 miles and I HATED them. Yes, they looked nice. If your car will remain parked, by all means - go for it. You can have mine for FREE - just pay shipping.

I could not in good conscience SELL them to anyone else - they were that bad. The rate is lower than the OEM Eibach on the MR, so the ride is bouncy on good road, unsettled and harsh on bad roads. They are so low that you'll scrape on just about anything. The cornering performance is WORSE than stock.

I just came from Muellerized... here in SoCal and they made it right for me. Their springs came out of a Swift box, but I'm not certain that was just the box or not - or if they're the same rate that the off-the-shelf Swift springs offer. I went with the Stage 1+ from Muellerized... that includes the 27mm Whiteline solid core anti-sway bars. Now THAT did the trick. Ride quality is as good or better than stock with virtually NO body roll or brake dive. Cornering grip on the unloaded tire is dramatically improved. Ride height lower, but there are still two fingers or more from the top of the tire to the fender; it is low enough that you'll hit parking lot stoppers if you're not careful. The Eibach Pro-Kit was slammed in comparison. The Muellerized... setup is half-way between OEM ride height and slammed to no gap between tire and fender.

When I spoke with John Mueller about my before and after with the Eibach Pro-Kit, I decided it would be bad karma to pass the Eibach Pro-Kit on to anyone else - particulalry for gain. But, my offer still stands: I will give these away to anyone foolish enough to ignore my warning!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
PM sent!

Originally Posted by vleigh6
Eibach ProKit = FAIL

I had them on my MR for about 105 miles and I HATED them. Yes, they looked nice. If your car will remain parked, by all means - go for it. You can have mine for FREE - just pay shipping.

I could not in good conscience SELL them to anyone else - they were that bad. The rate is lower than the OEM Eibach on the MR, so the ride is bouncy on good road, unsettled and harsh on bad roads. They are so low that you'll scrape on just about anything. The cornering performance is WORSE than stock.

I just came from Muellerized... here in SoCal and they made it right for me. Their springs came out of a Swift box, but I'm not certain that was just the box or not - or if they're the same rate that the off-the-shelf Swift springs offer. I went with the Stage 1+ from Muellerized... that includes the 27mm Whiteline solid core anti-sway bars. Now THAT did the trick. Ride quality is as good or better than stock with virtually NO body roll or brake dive. Cornering grip on the unloaded tire is dramatically improved. Ride height lower, but there are still two fingers or more from the top of the tire to the fender; it is low enough that you'll hit parking lot stoppers if you're not careful. The Eibach Pro-Kit was slammed in comparison. The Muellerized... setup is half-way between OEM ride height and slammed to no gap between tire and fender.

When I spoke with John Mueller about my before and after with the Eibach Pro-Kit, I decided it would be bad karma to pass the Eibach Pro-Kit on to anyone else - particulalry for gain. But, my offer still stands: I will give these away to anyone foolish enough to ignore my warning!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

im leaning towards spec-r and h&r respectively - bt definitely will have hard times getting a mr strut --
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

I had a set of Works Springs, 0.9 inch drop springs and they were perfect for me on my Evo X. They reduced the gap in the fenders and they felt just like stock. Very smooth, you won't be able to tell the difference in normal conditions and they seemed to be effective in Autocross situations.

I had one Mitsu mechanic tell me that he had worked on several Evo Xs with Springs and he said mine was by far the best riding. This is just my experience.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

I had the GTWORX on my 2003 Evo 8 and I was very impressed. It wasn't too low and the diving characteristics were a lot better than stock. Now I have the Swift sport on my Evo10 and again I am very impressed with them for the same reasons as the GTWORX.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 01:00 PM

I have the "Works SS1" suspension package (from Works Motorsports), which comes with Swift springs for my 2011 Evo X. They handle great and ride decently, though stiffer than the stock suspension (not a negative IMHO). The springs lowered the car by .9 inches front and rear. It is not too low in the front, but you will rub on a parking stop if you are not careful.

It was a major improvement to the cars handling. Well, the springs along with front and rear anti-sway bars.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 01:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by modvp
I had the GTWORX on my 2003 Evo 8 and I was very impressed. It wasn't too low and the diving characteristics were a lot better than stock. Now I have the Swift sport on my Evo10 and again I am very impressed with them for the same reasons as the GTWORX.
We have our own springs now for the X too.

- drew