Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Car shaking please help!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car shaking please help!!

so i threw on some 18x10s, -1 degree camber in the rear and lowering springs. When my tires were mounted i had them balanced obviously, and when i threw on the springs and camber i had an alignment done.

After the alignment was done the car and steering wheel would shake under heavy acceleration, or when i was cruising about 65. Anyone have any idea whats wrong?

i took it back in to the alignment shop and they said its 85% chance that my wheels need to be balanced again. Before i do this does anyone else have any other insight....PLEASEE!!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got hubcentric rings?
Old May 2, 2011, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mr.sprinkles
so i threw on some 18x10s, -1 degree camber in the rear and lowering springs. When my tires were mounted i had them balanced obviously, and when i threw on the springs and camber i had an alignment done.

After the alignment was done the car and steering wheel would shake under heavy acceleration, or when i was cruising about 65. Anyone have any idea whats wrong?

i took it back in to the alignment shop and they said its 85% chance that my wheels need to be balanced again. Before i do this does anyone else have any other insight....PLEASEE!!
Tires are bad. I've bought more bad ones than i'd like to admit, simply not "ROUND". One from a brick-and-mortar, but three/four recently via online. I've gotten it manageable. Take it somplace you trust and tell them the problem. THey'll probably spot more than one that isn't round when the watch it spin on the balancer. Put the best ones they tell up up front. Or try to return them. FWIW, under acceleration "used to be" the rear. But that was when I drove RWD... but it's my guess.
Old May 2, 2011, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

^ The place I went to just a week or so ago for similar only charged me $34 to check balance and re-mount all bad ones and rebalance them three. It was money well spent. Tell the place you're a trackhead (true or not who cares) and they'll likely give you some discretionary discount pricing.
Old May 3, 2011, 05:27 PM

rebalance them. I had the same problem even though it was balanced at a friends shop, but i took it to firestone and it turned out that one wheel was not balanced it was off by alittle but caused huge vibration. after the rebalanced i have no more problems.
Old May 4, 2011, 03:07 PM

I had my stock Advans mounted on some Rota grids. Everything was fine the day I left the shop, but after a few runs into Manhattan I was getting a WICKED shake in the steering wheel at 80 MPH. Popped the wheels off and threw in some hub rings - didn't make any difference...

Wound up going back to the shop to have them re-balanced and it turned out one of the front tires was off by a half an ounce - the exact amount of one weight... Must have lost one somewhere...

Not sure how I lost it, but once they put it back on I have no vibrations whatsoever!