Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Continental DW or Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 ?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only compare the V12s against the OEM advans, here is my take on them:

First of all, I have to say, you will definitely notice the softer sidewall in terms of the steering reflex and that they are much quieter (which is good). The relatively soft sidewall is my only gripe about them I ended up bringing the pressure up to 38psi to help with the sidewall flex, while it did help, I feel like it took that "razor's edge steering" off my evo.

As far as grip, they are very good for a DD, just don't expect the limits to be as high as the Advans. They are very predictable at the limit . Braking feels very good too.
They are great in the rain (much better than the advans).

Overall I think that the extra treadwear, quieter ride, excellent performance in the rain and good grip in the dry make them an excellent tire for a DD car, especially for the price. Given that my car is a DD and I needed a tire that would last longer than my OEM tires, I would def buy these again. However I would have gone for the stat specs if I treadwear was not a concern...
Old May 27, 2011, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bought the Continental DW's for my EVO and the tire of choice for my 2012 Mustang GT is:

IMO they are the best street/track tire I've ever used by far for the money. Better than the OEM Advans, better than Star Specs, better than PZeros, etc. Not as sticky as the Star Specs but as sticky as the stock Advans. What differentiates them from the others is the awesome street ride. When you are just doing the daily cruise they ride like luxury performance tires and are excellent in the rain. I can't believe Continental can sell a tire every bit as good as the Pilot PS2 for such a great price.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

How long do the DW tires last?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 09:30 AM

I am running the V12s and I think it is a very good tire, especially when it is slightly wet. My favorite tire for a daily driver is the Dunlop Star Spec and my favorite tire for the track is the Yokohama AD08. I've never run a Conti.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Between the two, I see a bit more V12's being sold. The DW will ride a little quieter and is more easily rotated.