Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

TPMS problem with Work 11R-FT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2011, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a set of 18 x 9.5 Work 11R (non FT) and the America Tire guys had no problem with my TPMS sensors... We did change the stem to some black ones to match my rims though. Running on 6K miles, no problems.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evazerone
I have a set of 18 x 9.5 Work 11R (non FT) and the America Tire guys had no problem with my TPMS sensors... We did change the stem to some black ones to match my rims though. Running on 6K miles, no problems.
Ok thanks. Thats where im going. What did they charge to do it? did you get the rebuild kit i've read about or just new stems?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by trick3d
Ok thanks. Thats where im going. What did they charge to do it? did you get the rebuild kit i've read about or just new stems?
The guy I know is a buddy of mine, so no charge on the install. Frankly, it didn't take him more than 20 minutes including balancing so I doubt it would've cost much or much effort to do. No rebuild kit was necessary, just a swap for the stems only.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evazerone
The guy I know is a buddy of mine, so no charge on the install. Frankly, it didn't take him more than 20 minutes including balancing so I doubt it would've cost much or much effort to do. No rebuild kit was necessary, just a swap for the stems only.
Excellent, thanks for the info.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 01:37 PM

Just got my Emotion XT-7's installed and the installer says that the hole for the valve stem is to large for the OEM stem and TPMS.

The valve stem that came with the wheels from WORK, are not compatible with our TPMS....

So am I screwed?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheWesMan
Just got my Emotion XT-7's installed and the installer says that the hole for the valve stem is to large for the OEM stem and TPMS.

The valve stem that came with the wheels from WORK, are not compatible with our TPMS....

So am I screwed?
Use the OEM and stuff a bunch of rubber washers on both sides. The tire tech is a newb.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 03:16 PM

Yeah, I think I need a second opinion.

I'm going to take it to America's Tire tomorrow. This is BS
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by TheWesMan
Yeah, I think I need a second opinion.

I'm going to take it to America's Tire tomorrow. This is BS
Any update on this? I think I'm finally going to give the TPMS sensors another try, so I am hoping some of you guys have been about to get this figured out.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is one of the main reasons why you should try to get your wheels from Tire Rack, the sponsor of this forum, instead of someplace else, such as the vendors who spam this forum but are never around when you need them, like now. Tire Rack will install the sensors in the wheel correctly before they send them to you.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Iowa999
This is one of the main reasons why you should try to get your wheels from Tire Rack, the sponsor of this forum, instead of someplace else, such as the vendors who spam this forum but are never around when you need them, like now. Tire Rack will install the sensors in the wheel correctly before they send them to you.
I get what you are saying, but going that route would also include purchasing all new TPMS sensors, which I was not interested in doing.

Also, a good friend of mine is a Work Wheels dealer so I got the wheels for a good price, which most vendors on here (including Tire Rack) would not be able to match.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sly Moose
Any update on this? I think I'm finally going to give the TPMS sensors another try, so I am hoping some of you guys have been about to get this figured out.
Yes. Took them to America's Tire and the guys there used my original sensors and valve stems, along with a $7 valve stem "rebuild kit".... and everything fits together perfectly.

So in short, you need to find a tire shop that deals with TPMS on the regular and has these rebuild kits.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:39 PM

Do you have any pics of the kit? I just want to see how it look like
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

bump

Any info on the kit?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 06:55 PM

Well I finally found a shop competent enough to get my stock TPMS sensors to fit. It has been a day and a half without a single pound of air leaking out, so I'm really happy. They also said there is no need for a rebuild kit unless your sensors are really beat up.

The only concern I have is that my TPMS service required light is still on even though the shop claimed to have flashed them. I think there may have been a miscommunication between the guy inside I told what I needed and the guy in the shop, but they are willing to take care of it no problem.

For anyone in South Florida, I highly recommend Elite Roads off of 95 on Commercial.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
When someone does the TPMS correctly, the light on the dash goes off immediately.

Quick Reply: TPMS problem with Work 11R-FT