Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

SWIFT Spec R's & Giro 2 piece goodies

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SWIFT Spec R's & Giro 2 piece goodies

To start off I just want to say the Evo X should have come from the factory with SWIFT Spec R springs. They give you so much more control of the car without sacrificing ride quality. I can't explain how fun corners are now (I do have a WhiteLine rear sway bar on max stiffness as well) But you can power in and out of corners so much harder now. I would almost put it right up there with the R8 now for how well it handles and the ride stiffness/Quality. I highly suggest these to anyone who wants that firmer ride but not to the extent that it jars you over every little bump. And as I said it is about as stiff as the R8 which is a perfect level I think.

Ride height with stock springs and 255/40/18 tires (Measured from the ground up the centre of the wheel to the wheel arch)
- Front Passenger 27.75"
- Front Driver 27.5"
- Rear Passenger 27.125"
- Rear Driver 27"

Ride height with SWIFT Spec R's and 255/40/18 tires
- Front Passenger 26.5" -1.25"
- Front Driver 26.357" -1.143"
- Rear Passenger 26.375" -0.75"
- Rear Driver 26.357" -0.643"

The Brakes are just amazing! I haven't broken them in 100% yet but I love the look of them and the no squeaking with the Magic pads. As it is kind of cooler today, to the point where the stock pads would squeak for the first few stops, and these Magic pads have yet to make a sound :godance:

I know the colours don't really go (Yellow, Red and Blue) But I don't mind. I just liked the look of the blue hats so I went with them. Thinking I might have my callipers actually powder coated the same colour this summer though.

Anyway on to the pictures...

Yes I know the rotor is on the wrong side. Noticed right after I took the picture

Old Jun 19, 2011, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Sweet! I'll be installing these springs on my X hopefully this upcoming weekend, along with COBB F/R sways, and a WL RCA kit, matched with 265/35/18 Ventus RS3s.

Glad too hear you're liking the handling, I can't wait to sharpen mine up.

You say it feels as good as your R8? Impressive.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HAHAV8
Sweet! I'll be installing these springs on my X hopefully this upcoming weekend, along with COBB F/R sways, and a WL RCA kit, matched with 265/35/18 Ventus RS3s.

Glad too hear you're liking the handling, I can't wait to sharpen mine up.

You say it feels as good as your R8? Impressive.
You will love these springs with the roll bars.

Just by feel, its like the R8. I am sure if I put it down to hard numbers the R8 would still out handle the Evo haha but I am still very impressed with the outcome