Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Fortune Auto??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimm
A couple of points here. First this is a relatively smooth track with no curbs, really heavy braking zones or fast corners (never really get past mid 3rd gear). Second, you have a ton of body roll. Are you running a roll center kit? I don't see it on your list.

Lastly, i think you are carrying too much speed through the first part of the corners especially in the longer ones (0:45 and 1:20) making you wait longer than you need to go back to throttle. You might find sone time if you back off a little sooner (not slower necessarily just sooner) so you can get back to throttle sooner and for longer. Road racing is essentially a drag race connected by corners. The sooner you go to throttle the faster you are at the end of the straight. Hard not to do when you only have a few runs to learn a course as the tendency is to overdrive but something to keep in mind.
I have a roll center kit and both of my stock sway bars are drilled, my rates are 7k/9k. This is the fastest autox I have been on and am normally used to events where I never get passed 2nd gear. I am still learning with only ten events under my belt.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
To get back on track, did Fortune Auto ever comment when the brackets would be finished?
They won't do anything unless they have a local come in so they can fit it in house. :roll eyes: On a side note though I still believe the universal brackets should be fine. I didn't have time before my event to get pictures as I was too busy putting my car back together with little time. I will take a wheel off tomorrow a snap a few pics. Does anyone have pictures of the issues?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by RevMoto
I have a roll center kit and both of my stock sway bars are drilled, my rates are 7k/9k. This is the fastest autox I have been on and am normally used to events where I never get passed 2nd gear. I am still learning with only ten events under my belt.
soften up the front a little more if too much under steer you have, you can even remove the front sway bar if you need to, people do that.. Also the wheel alignment is very important for the tires u using for a race. Get some AutoX guru and ask him, i am not an autox expert by anymeans. I am usually get lost in auto X LOL the wheel alignment is VERY important , most of the times it is secret too.

here you can see i am looking my way out LOL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNr_y...er_profilepage

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jul 25, 2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
soften up the front a little more if too much under steer you have, you can even remove the front sway bar if you need to, people do that.. Also the wheel alignment is very important for the tires u using for a race. Get some AutoX guru and ask him, the alignment is VERY important , most of the times it is secret too.
I deal with Smike. Camber is -3 front and -1.5 in the rear. The front is pretty soft as is. The car is running 5 clicks from soft in the front and 15 clicks from soft in the rear. It is just me needing more seat time. I just modified my rear diff too but was unable to swing it out. My rake is neutral so I have been debating adding some positive rake to the car.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I deal with Smike. Camber is -3 front and -1.5 in the rear. The front is pretty soft as is. The car is running 5 clicks from soft in the front and 15 clicks from soft in the rear. It is just me needing more seat time. I just modified my rear diff too but was unable to swing it out. My rake is neutral so I have been debating adding some positive rake to the car.
the bigger the camber the cornering grip is bigger but the turn radius is getting bigger also. I dont know much about auto cross as i said, but i would get a seat time first before i start doing adjustments constantly. Get a good amount of time in your set up as it is , then change.
if you like racing and doing it here is some info to understand what is going on, so you know what and why people doing and why.
http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html

I think we off tipic LOL

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jul 25, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The faster you go the more energy you put into the suspension which is why rob is questioning autocross as a good test.

Everyone has to learn. I have run a bunch of roadcourse (karge and small) and oval events but the closest I gave done to autocross is parking lot kart races so I'm sure I have things to learn about set up for those.

That said, driving principles themselves are all pretty similar. In the beginning with little experience, you really just need the equipment to not be what is getting you beat so you can learn how to drive. My eyes were opened the first time I watched a really fast guy run with us in karts when I was running jrs. Never seen the track before, never been in the kart before, had not driven in yrs and was on pace in 2-3 laps with the lap record for that engine. There is so much time just in driving better ...honestly you may just confuse yourself with too many equipment and setup changes until you understand the car and yourself.

If I were going to start a new series with a new car, I would just concentrate on driving and maybe spend a little time on tires.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jimm
The faster you go the more energy you put into the suspension which is why rob is questioning autocross as a good test.

Everyone has to learn. I have run a bunch of roadcourse (karge and small) and oval events but the closest I gave done to autocross is parking lot kart races so I'm sure I have things to learn about set up for those.

That said, driving principles themselves are all pretty similar. In the beginning with little experience, you really just need the equipment to not be what is getting you beat so you can learn how to drive. My eyes were opened the first time I watched a really fast guy run with us in karts when I was running jrs. Never seen the track before, never been in the kart before, had not driven in yrs and was on pace in 2-3 laps with the lap record for that engine. There is so much time just in driving better ...honestly you may just confuse yourself with too many equipment and setup changes until you understand the car and yourself.

If I were going to start a new series with a new car, I would just concentrate on driving and maybe spend a little time on tires.
My car is pretty much done mod wise at the moment. I finally got a nice set of tires and it is time to just dial in the car.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 05:59 PM
Former Sponsor

They won't do anything unless they have a local come in so they can fit it in house.
Were working with them to send them a X the weekend of the 13.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

I am pretty good friends with the guys at Fortune and had a few sets with really positive results. I talked to Fortune Auto today and told them about everybody's concerns in regards to the brake brackets on the X's.

Mr. Jar who is the owner said that they have received a few emails in the past couple of weeks and that they will come up with a solution asap.

I think Force-Fed is taking a Evo X up to Fortune in a week or 2.
They will make a brake bracket prototype and put it into production very shortly.

Mr. Jar also advised that any Fortune Auto Evo X coilover purchased this month will get a free bracket. The brackets will also be available for purchase at a very low price for people that have purchased the coilovers a while back. I think like in the range of $10 or something, but don't hold me to it.

And the good news is that once the brackets come out they will be INCLUDED in the evo x kit at no additional charge

Hope that helps

Last edited by chapter8; Jul 25, 2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chapter8
I am pretty good friends with the guys at Fortune and had a few sets with really positive results. I talked to Fortune Auto today and told them about everybody's concerns in regards to the brake brackets on the X's.

Mr. Jar who is the owner said that they have received a few emails in the past couple of weeks and that they will come up with a solution asap.

I think Force-Fed is taking a Evo X up to Fortune in a week or 2.
They will make a brake bracket prototype and put it into production very shortly.

Mr. Jar also advised that any Fortune Auto Evo X coilover purchased this month will get a free bracket. The brackets will also be available for purchase at a very low price for people that have purchased the coilovers a while back. I think like in the range of $10 or something, but don't hold me to it.

And the good news is that once the brackets come out they will be INCLUDED in the evo x kit at no additional charge

Hope that helps
thats good to hear

i wonder how its going to work out though...for those who already own the coilover, this will be a bolt on brake bracket...and i wonder the reliability of it...all the other brake brackets are OEM like, and welded onto the strut housing
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven88
thats good to hear

i wonder how its going to work out though...for those who already own the coilover, this will be a bolt on brake bracket...and i wonder the reliability of it...all the other brake brackets are OEM like, and welded onto the strut housing
From what I was told, the brackets are going to be made out of beefy billet. They'll be clamped onto the threaded part of the coilover. I don't think you'll have issues with it breaking.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What I'm trying to figure is whether the $10 for the bracket for the previous buyers is because FA is being a money-hungry [censored] or if they think that by charging for it they are avoiding admitting any liability for damages caused by a car suddenly losing all brake pressure. In any event, this is one of more stupid PR moves I've seen in a while. Suck it up, FA. Give them to anyone who asks.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
What I'm trying to figure is whether the $10 for the bracket for the previous buyers is because FA is being a money-hungry [censored] or if they think that by charging for it they are avoiding admitting any liability for damages caused by a car suddenly losing all brake pressure. In any event, this is one of more stupid PR moves I've seen in a while. Suck it up, FA. Give them to anyone who asks.
I'm pretty sure the $10 is to cover shipping costs...they aren't charging for the actual bracket itself.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
When you sell a product that could kill the customer, you don't quibble over $10, regardless of whether it's just shipping or not. You send them the part. Period. End of story.

I quit.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
When you sell a product that could kill the customer, you don't quibble over $10, regardless of whether it's just shipping or not. You send them the part. Period. End of story.

I quit.
yeah i'll agree with you there...its nice of them to include it for free on future coilover purchases...but for those who already own it, and if they request for it, it should be given for free

Quick Reply: Fortune Auto??