Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Fortune Auto??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by SonicEvo
Read my above comment on that as it is an installer issue. Most people don't check the clearance of the lines during install and instead they jump right in their cars ready to test them out.
I realize that it might not give everyone problems, and correct installation helps , but I just don't like the idea of the bracket missing. Is it really that hard to add it? FA isn't the only company that is missing the bracket either, from what I understand.

It's the same thing to me as the test pipes. AMS doesn't have a bend in theirs. Tons of people use them with no problems but I just don't like it and would rather buy one like ETS's. Call me crazy, say I have OCD, or whatever. I just don't like the idea of it and hence would not buy FA coils.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 03:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ugakirk
I realize that it might not give everyone problems, and correct installation helps , but I just don't like the idea of the bracket missing. Is it really that hard to add it? FA isn't the only company that is missing the bracket either, from what I understand.

It's the same thing to me as the test pipes. AMS doesn't have a bend in theirs. Tons of people use them with no problems but I just don't like it and would rather buy one like ETS's. Call me crazy, say I have OCD, or whatever. I just don't like the idea of it and hence would not buy FA coils.
they come with a univeral bracket but since it doesn't retain the factory clips you have to zip tie it to the bracket. It really isn't what you think it is. Obviously people who have installed it wrong are going to make a huge complaint about it so take an amateur installers word for what it's worth. I have OCD and it past my test.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 09:24 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Read my above comment on that as it is an installer issue. Most people don't check the clearance of the lines during install and instead they jump right in their cars ready to test them out.
If it is an installer issue, why does Fortune Auto recommend using zip ties on the line?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

wow, umm i think ill save up for kw then, because zip ties and me are a no no
Old Jul 8, 2011, 01:14 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by migs647
If it is an installer issue, why does Fortune Auto recommend using zip ties on the line?
Before you zip tie the line to the universal bracket you need to make sure you have enough slack in the line for it to fully rotate when you turn the steering wheel. Fortune auto could easily make a bracket that will allow you to use the stock clips. It seems like that is a major deal breaker for most of you. I will talk to Terry at FA and see what he has to say about it. It's a shame too because these coilovers really aren't in the same category as other budget coilovers. I have aggressively driven megan, BC, and tein flex and these hands down outperform those mentioned. I get to test out a set of HKS hypermax coilovers this weekend and will see how these stack up to a 2k set of coils.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 01:18 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by harpreet1012
wow, umm i think ill save up for kw then, because zip ties and me are a no no
What is so bad about zip ties? If they can be used to handcuff a 250 lb roided up man during an arrest I don't think they will have a hard time securing brake lines
Old Jul 8, 2011, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

What is so bad about zip ties? If they can be used to handcuff a 250 lb roided up man during an arrest I don't think they will have a hard time securing brake lines

your wisdom is strong. Sonic you've provided a decent amount info on these coils, thanks and i'll be looking into them regardless of the silly zip tie issue.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 08:05 AM
EvoM Community Team

It's not the fact that zip ties are bad, it's the solution the producer made that bothers me. It's a half assed way to deal with the situation instead of coming up with brackets that work for the lines.

While zip ties are strong, zipties aren't going to hold a brake line in place front to back.

But if it works it works, that's great. Just seems like a half assed answer from somebody that should put a bit more thought into it.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
zip ties are the number 1 friend in racing. But the problem lies in the lack if design in the coilover . Even worst this is a bracket problem. So how much attention the main parts missing? None? based on this bracket problem is hard to believe.
Zip tie should be a temporary or emergency solution , not a manufacturer recommendation to solve they design problems.

It is shows nothing else, but negligence and cheap quality. You dont need either of them in your car, specially when you buy them to enhance your performance car performance.

Rob
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
zip ties are the number 1 friend in racing. But the problem lies in the lack if design in the coilover . Even worst this is a bracket problem. So how much attention the main parts missing? None? based on this bracket problem is hard to believe.
Zip tie should be a temporary or emergency solution , not a manufacturer recommendation to solve they design problems.

It is shows nothing else, but negligence and cheap quality. You dont need either of them in your car, specially when you buy them to enhance your performance car performance.

Rob
I am not arguing with you but this is their only flaw. One that could easily be fixed. I am waiting on an email from Terry at FA to see what he can do. It would take about an hour to design on my comp if they needed to. I would do it but I am not on their payroll. lol
Old Jul 8, 2011, 01:14 PM

Rob
I honestly haven't used these (disclaimer), but in my mind if you're in the business of making performance auto-parts, you probably shouldn't be recommending that ppl "jerry-rig" their car as part of the installation process. It may be a valid alternative to more expensive brand pieces, but as a potential customer that hasn't experienced them before, I wouldn't get them based solely on the fact that I wouldn't feel comfortable investing money into a product with the connotation that needing zipties for installation gives off.

Last edited by LightningCrossZ; Jul 8, 2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 01:18 PM
EvoM Community Team

I am not arguing with you but this is their only flaw. One that could easily be fixed. I am waiting on an email from Terry at FA to see what he can do. It would take about an hour to design on my comp if they needed to. I would do it but I am not on their payroll. lol
They need to understand, this ordeal is driving customers away.

If they fix this, I may be all about trying their coils out.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 01:26 PM
Account Disabled

All of these concerns have been addressed in my email and will inform you guys on the update as soon as I know something.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 01:32 PM

WURD

All of these concerns have been addressed in my email and will inform you guys on the update as soon as I know something.
Cool, If they actually are putting out a decent product for a decent price its a shame that both them and their potential customers are losing out
Old Jul 8, 2011, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
It's not the fact that zip ties are bad, it's the solution the producer made that bothers me. It's a half assed way to deal with the situation instead of coming up with brackets that work for the lines.

While zip ties are strong, zipties aren't going to hold a brake line in place front to back.

But if it works it works, that's great. Just seems like a half assed answer from somebody that should put a bit more thought into it.

Rob
Exactly what these guys said. It's not that zipties suck, its the fact that a manufacturer wouldn't take the extra 5 mins to draw up a bracket for the stock clip.. it just doesn't really seem like they could have invested much R&D or care into making a great product for a consumer. Even though it may be ok, it looks like a lazy attempt to solve a problem..

Quick Reply: Fortune Auto??