Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Fortune Auto??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
waiting on answer from terry about making brackets. i want to give these coilovers a try.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Funny that there is just one guy that is repping the Fortune Auto coilovers. Even goes so far as emailing to see what he can do. Like one guy's input will lead FA to make a change. Its as if this guy works for the company.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Armando
waiting on answer from terry about making brackets. i want to give these coilovers a try.
from what i've heard, its not going to happen

they said it has something to do with the metal not staying strong when welding a bracket on
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't work for fortune auto but I was trying to help you guys out. I finally heard a response back from Terry saying they are working on a bracket but need a local X to finish it. Also it will be an option when buying the coilovers which was a topic we disagreed on as that shouldn't be an option but included in the unit. They are also coming out with a new series that are more geared towards street comfort and will be made from steel so the bracket will be welded onto it like most others you see. I am done defending FA as I expressed my concern that it isn't just X's that should have this bracket and that I would want one and could help them fit it on my IX. They basically told me too bad. Too bad for them as I will never promote another sale for them. I helped them sell five sets and this is the thanks I get. Time to start saving up for AST 4100's.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by RevMoto
I don't work for fortune auto but I was trying to help you guys out. I finally heard a response back from Terry saying they are working on a bracket but need a local X to finish it. Also it will be an option when buying the coilovers which was a topic we disagreed on as that shouldn't be an option but included in the unit. They are also coming out with a new series that are more geared towards street comfort and will be made from steel so the bracket will be welded onto it like most others you see. I am done defending FA as I expressed my concern that it isn't just X's that should have this bracket and that I would want one and could help them fit it on my IX. They basically told me too bad. Too bad for them as I will never promote another sale for them. I helped them sell five sets and this is the thanks I get. Time to start saving up for AST 4100's.
you will be MUCH happier with the AST. Totally different level of suspension all together.
They dont care, always will be some one who will buy them, and that is the deal .
Its like a 99 cents store. Go back there and complain about the quality or design defects of they product. LOL
You will never going to see them worrying to loosing customers, neither what is happening with them.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jul 18, 2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:57 AM
Evolving Member

the cheapest ASTs are like $1900 right? and must reuse stock top hats?

sorry just curious thats all
Old Jul 18, 2011, 06:06 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by RevMoto
Wow. If this is true they just lost all respect from me. First zip tie method to prevent the lines from breaking now they want to charge you to prevent the lines from breaking?

They definitely lost even more sales again as there are some nw guys waiting on a review from me. I guess I'll go ast.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Well, I'll never put these coilovers on my car.. Oh well..

It's all good. I was planning on saving up and buying some AST's with the vorshlag top hats or whatever you call them.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

It's a shame as they made a great product but a bad businessman will always drown his company no matter how good the product is. They just sunk their ship in the evo community. I hope 240 sales are enough to keep that company afloat.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They sell a product that could kill you (by snapping a brake line). They know about the problem and aren't fixing it; instead, they are still selling the product. Why do you hope that they stay afloat? Do you hate people with 240s?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

I was interested in picking these up too, but if they wont take the time to properly make a spot for the bracket then FA is a no-no for me.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven88
the cheapest ASTs are like $1900 right? and must reuse stock top hats?

sorry just curious thats all
My understanding is they are 1900 + main springs and helper springs. They ahve fittings that you use if you want to use the stock top hats and you can get camber plates if you don't. Cheapest is probably ~2500 or so.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by btownsoccer22
how is stance better then fortune auto? Do you mean they are better so you can slam your car as low as possible? Fortune auto guys actually track their cars with their coilovers...they use off the shelf 500 series or use to and actually podiumed. Show me a track car that uses stance...
lol +1
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jimm
My understanding is they are 1900 + main springs and helper springs. They ahve fittings that you use if you want to use the stock top hats and you can get camber plates if you don't. Cheapest is probably ~2500 or so.
$2200 from gtworx with springs and helpers, no top hats. You really only need the fronts.
The big three choices in that range are KW V3's, Ohlin DFV, AST 4100. Gotta start collecting those pennies and putting some *****es to work.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

I custom valved my bilsteins with Eibach springs and GC sleeves; shyt is epic for me and probably cost about the same, or less than those cheapass coilover setups.... If I could go back and do it again, I would stick with the same thing, though AST 5200's are my "dream" setup that are not out of reach, pricewise.

Quick Reply: Fortune Auto??