Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Fortune Auto??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fortune Auto??

I was thinking of getting Coil overs from them, with the optional swift spring upgrade. I know they are not as good as JRZ and KW, but i have a 1.5k budget i can spend. I heard that these dont come with brakets for the break line, is this an issue?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

you can get Kws for $1799 shipped if you ask around on here. Save up a little more.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

you can also get Stance for 1500.. better imo
Old Jul 6, 2011, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jul 6, 2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dyss.
you can also get Stance for 1500.. better imo
How is stance better then fortune auto? Do you mean they are better so you can slam your car as low as possible? Fortune auto guys actually track their cars with their coilovers...they use off the shelf 500 series or use to and actually podiumed. Show me a track car that uses stance...
Old Jul 6, 2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by btownsoccer22
how is stance better then fortune auto? Do you mean they are better so you can slam your car as low as possible? Fortune auto guys actually track their cars with their coilovers...they use off the shelf 500 series or use to and actually podiumed. Show me a track car that uses stance...
+1
Old Jul 6, 2011, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
read a couple of guys that have the fortune coilovers have issues with their brake lines.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by btownsoccer22
How is stance better then fortune auto? Do you mean they are better so you can slam your car as low as possible? Fortune auto guys actually track their cars with their coilovers...they use off the shelf 500 series or use to and actually podiumed. Show me a track car that uses stance...
that is sounds like a bold statement. Podium finishes , against what? They are over run the KW'S or Ohlins etc? or wasn't a competition against other brand?
I am not sure how to interpreter this post. Must be a languages barrier.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 07:19 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by beetle_orange
read a couple of guys that have the fortune coilovers have issues with their brake lines.
+1, and not only that but FA suggested using zip ties on the brake lines to prevent it. I'm not cool with suggestions like that.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

IMO, if they can't make the brackets for the brake lines etc then they are likely one size fits all struts and likely crap.

Hand R can be had for 1500. Used KWs for about that. either are likely better options.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

you can get used kw for $1500, save a little more, get kw, ast, ohlins, jrz.
fortune auto, buddyclub, stance, megan racing, d2, ksport all the same ****...
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:15 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
that is sounds like a bold statement. Podium finishes , against what? They are over run the KW'S or Ohlins etc? or wasn't a competition against other brand?
I am not sure how to interpreter this post. Must be a languages barrier.
Fortune Auto won the East Coast Redline Time Attack and is open to any competition that signs up. That is proof they their product can be used as a tool to win races and which led me to purchase a set for my car. At my last autox events I have either come in first or second depending on which cars show up. The fact is these coilovers are track tested. You can get a set of KW's for $1799 but those come with off the shelf rates which are incorrect for our vehicles. Once a company like robispec changes out the rates and revalves them the price is much higher and puts those coilovers in a different budget category. To address the brake line issue yes you do have to use zip ties on a universal bracket that comes with the coilovers but it has help up well for me over the last year and a half. If somebody has an issue it is because they have failed to install them correctly. I do agree that if they had a proper bracket this wouldn't become a problem for some. Comparing brand A to brand B is difficult because the driver plays a huge role in the performance of the vehicle and just because I have beaten a car with KW V3's properly set up by robispec doesn't mean I can say Fortune Auto coilovers are better. Fortune Auto doesn't claim that the 500 series is better than KW's or Ohlins and that has come from their mouths directly. From driving most lower budget coilovers these have been my favorite and I am one happy owner.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by migs647
+1, and not only that but FA suggested using zip ties on the brake lines to prevent it. I'm not cool with suggestions like that.
Me either. I was thinking about FA's when they first came out for the X because they were a fairly well know name in the 8's and 9's but I was turned off because of no brackets.

I have seen multiple threads on here to with users having broken lines and everyone them was running FA coilovers. Not a good sign.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by goevox
you can get used kw for $1500, save a little more, get kw, ast, ohlins, jrz.
fortune auto, buddyclub, stance, megan racing, d2, ksport all the same ****...
stop spreading misinformation since you know crap about all of those companies. You are jumping on a bandwagon of lower budget coilover haters and have no information of your own to give. Most people don't want to buy used suspension since you know they have been used and abused. On another note those top companies cost an arm and a leg which some people just can't afford. I will put money on it you are one of them.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ugakirk
Me either. I was thinking about FA's when they first came out for the X because they were a fairly well know name in the 8's and 9's but I was turned off because of no brackets.

I have seen multiple threads on here to with users having broken lines and everyone them was running FA coilovers. Not a good sign.
Read my above comment on that as it is an installer issue. Most people don't check the clearance of the lines during install and instead they jump right in their cars ready to test them out.

Quick Reply: Fortune Auto??