Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

CL brake pas review

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
CL brake pas review

CL brake pads review.

I have done our first event on Carbone Lorraine (CL) pads what I got from Essexparts.com. I am running a pedal box so it is very important to have good pads to have a great brake force and feeling under my feet. The CL is nothing short of that. At the race event never experienced any fading or any kind of sign to over working the brake system so as the pads. These pads are very good even in cold conditions, and they just don’t give up. Makes you really thrust in your brakes. I literally drove them from hot to cold air temperature and back, with dry to wet conditions, the brake feeling stayed a same. It was very predictable and honest felling all around.

I am still using the stock rotors and calipers on our Evo X rally car, and these pads make that oem set up the whole another level. We finish our first race with these pads in the first place!

here is some useful info also about them :

"Why Choose CL Brakes
High Friction Compounds

CL Brakes offers a range of high friction materials to suit all conditions and cars, with unrivalled high friction co-efficients. With four pad materials to choose from, the CL Brakes range is ideal for high performance road and trackday cars to custom race and rally cars.The CL Brakes range is made from unique sintered metal compounds which give great pedal feel and friction from cold, yet are thermally resistant so will not fade even under extended use. This consistantly high friction level allows the car to be pushed hard from the first lap, requiring little or no warming up. Maximum braking pressure can be applied quickly and confidently offering a sigificant performance advantage over competitors running organic compound brake pads.
High Performance At All Temperatures

The CL Brakes Sintered Metal materials all offer a consistant friction level. Designed to work from cold to over 1000 degrees centigrade, the brade pads require no bedding in. The CL Brake pads offer superior braking the moment the cars wheels are turned and simply get better the harder they are worked. The brake pads will cope with temperatures far exceeding what is found in all forms of motorsport. CL Brakes have also designed their own high temperature race brake fluid specifically formulated for braking systems consistently operating at very high temperatures.
All Weather Performance

CL Brakes Sintered Metal Brake Pads give an advantage in all weather conditions. Unlike organic compounds, the sintered metal pads from CL Brakes will work from cold right up to over 1000 deg. C with an unrivaled consistency in braking performance. In freezing or wet conditions the Sintered Metal brake pad breaks the ice or the water film coat which covers the disc. There is no need to keep different brake pad compounds for different weather scenarios, saving time and money.
Oversized pad shapes

The CL Brakes range is designed to cope with braking systems under extreme heat. The Padshape is cut slightly larger than standard to allow the brake caliper to expand naturally as heat soaks into the braking system. This allows the pad to move freely and stop any distortion in extreme conditions.
No Bedding In

Due to the CL Brakes race brake pad unique sintered metal compounds, no material is transfered to the disc when used. No bedding in procedure is therefore required.
No Disc judder under braking

Using other organic brands of brake pad, customers often complain of their discs warping or uneven transfer of brake pad materials onto the disc surface. This is often due to failure to bed in the brakes or simply the braking system exceeds the operating temperature range of the brake pads. The CL Brakes race brake pad eliminates this scenario. The sintered metal compounds do not transfer any material to the disc
Long pad and disc life

CL Brakes high performance and race brake pads have a high longevity meaning you need to change your pads less often. In addition the CL Brakes RC5+ and RC6 Endurance compounds are light wearing on discs to reduce the time lost changing worn brake parts when endurance racing . No material is transferred to the brake disc during the braking process. You therefore do not need to bed the pads. Organic pad compounds can suffer from vibration under braking due to pad material unevenly transferring to the discs. This is negated when using CL Brakes Sintered Metal Brake Pad compounds.
Security and safety

Sintered metal compounds are non flamable. These CL Brakes brake pads will not burn no matter how much abuse they are put through. The CL Brakes DOT 4 Racing Brake Fluid provides a high wet boiling point; resisting fade
Environmentally Friendly

All high performance friction materials used in the CL Brakes sintered metal brake pad range are environmentally friendly with no lead, no asbestos and no nickel.
"
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice review man. Your one of the stand up members here who is always trying to help out.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
which compound do you have on your car?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warmmilk
which compound do you have on your car?
+1 on the above. Which pads are you running?

Rob,

I'm running a set of CL RC5+ on my car which is daily driven, and outside the normal slow roll race pad squeal, these pads have been fantastic! Once I get a new set of rotors and I can properly break them in, I think the squeal will go away. I have no regrets at all. Even after a mont+ of not washing my car, cleaning my Volks is no different with the RC5+ pads then it was with my OEM Brembo pads. Utilizing wheel cleaner and/or wash/shampoo and it comes right off.

-Jalal
Old Jul 12, 2011, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MJ23FE
+1 on the above. Which pads are you running?

Rob,

I'm running a set of CL RC5+ on my car which is daily driven, and outside the normal slow roll race pad squeal, these pads have been fantastic! Once I get a new set of rotors and I can properly break them in, I think the squeal will go away. I have no regrets at all. Even after a mont+ of not washing my car, cleaning my Volks is no different with the RC5+ pads then it was with my OEM Brembo pads. Utilizing wheel cleaner and/or wash/shampoo and it comes right off.

-Jalal
Hi Jalal!
I am using RC8 front and RC6 rear. I am not sure that will be a good option for dd.
Honestly the best idea is to talk to some one from essexparts, they are really nice and helpful. Plus they really know what they doing.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 06:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the nice review Rob! I'm glad the CL sintered pads helped you win your first major hill climb event!

I added your comments and a couple of photos to our CL Brakes customer feedback page. Congrats again!

Last edited by JRitt@essex; Jul 13, 2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Added link
Old Jul 13, 2011, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex
Thanks for the nice review Rob! I'm glad the CL sintered pads helped you win your first major hill climb event!

I added your comments and a couple of photos to our CL Brakes customer feedback page. Congrats again!
Thank You Jeff!!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Hi Jalal!
I am using RC8 front and RC6 rear. I am not sure that will be a good option for dd.
Honestly the best idea is to talk to some one from essexparts, they are really nice and helpful. Plus they really know what they doing.
Re-read it you silly Hungarian! Haha. I said that I HAVE the RC5+ installed on my car and they work great!

-Jalal
Old Jul 13, 2011, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MJ23FE
Re-read it you silly Hungarian! Haha. I said that I HAVE the RC5+ installed on my car and they work great!

-Jalal
ooops at least you know me LOL