Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

bent my rims

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bent my rims

Hello to all of you reading this. I have an 08 evo x gsr and I bent both rims on the driver side, anyone else have this problem? I was not involved in a car accident and the trees that I hit last winter offroading were on the passenger side of the car. I do a lot of spirited driving, offroading (haven't done any in a month or two) and freedomspinning. The old rims are going to turn into a table. New rims I am thinking about are Rota grids in white or absolute green but I would like Advans but $$$$$$$$$ and I really need a lever action .45-70 I don't know why but I do.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:07 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by No Goal Nicolas
Hello to all of you reading this. I have an 08 evo x gsr and I bent both rims on the driver side, anyone else have this problem? I was not involved in a car accident and the trees that I hit last winter offroading were on the passenger side of the car. I do a lot of spirited driving, offroading (haven't done any in a month or two) and freedomspinning. The old rims are going to turn into a table. New rims I am thinking about are Rota grids in white or absolute green but I would like Advans but $$$$$$$$$ and I really need a lever action .45-70 I don't know why but I do.
Hmm.. the stock rims can be bent just by hitting pot holes, and I'm guessing off-roading could also be a factor.

If you're going off-road, I personally don't think I'd waste money on any wheels that are too expensive (unless they were designed for such).. otherwise, you'll probably just end up trashing them as well. Not sure how much Advans are running, but a brand new Marlin 1895 costs less than a single Volk TE37.

And what the hell is "freedomspinning"??
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
It's prolly from potholes or the "off-roading" that you did. The stock wheels are not that strong..
Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:19 AM

Ordered Rota Grid in flat gunmetal. Freedomspins are just axis spins I just call them that cause red necks hate my love of spinning towards freedom and abortions for some and miniature American flags for others. Rims get here next week.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:20 PM

been there but never with stock wheels
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:43 PM

what wheel doesn't bend when you hit a tree? make the table out of the wheels call it a day
Old Oct 28, 2011, 04:02 PM

+1 make a table with your rims
Old Oct 28, 2011, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by No Goal Nicolas
Freedomspins are just axis spins I just call them that cause red necks hate my love of spinning towards freedom and abortions for some and miniature American flags for others. Rims get here next week.
huh??
Old Oct 30, 2011, 08:41 PM

Every time I do axis spins all these good old boys yell at me (I go out to the country a lot) and give me attitude so I started saying they hate my freedom and spinning. Thus freedomspins were born. I had a Simpsons reference that went unnoticed with the abortions and miniture American flags. I got the rota grids currently making the rim table pg13 so I can take a pic and post it.

Will get the Marlin in the spring my WRX is running so I need to get armor for that and a winch for the old Rover so I can stop paying the man with a tractor to pull me out. We have a 1988 Range Rover in beautiful runnin condition. It even has guns and roses and metallica tapes in it.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Want to make a Simpsons reference? Call them donuts...that's what they are called.

And your AYC, ACD, diffs all hate you. And your surprised you bent a rim?

In seriousness, actually very common. Bent rims attribute a huge amount to drive related issues (vibration, pull, wobble).
Old Nov 1, 2011, 06:01 PM

No it was a reference to this just ignore the part with Rudy Giuliani
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R7JmZ1q310
and but I couldn't find the part when Bill Clinton talks about spinning towards freedom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEd3r...eature=related

Also lots of stuff hates so me so all that stuff can get a number and wait in line. Plus its an evo so thats a 'rally car' so I am going to drive it like one and not baby it one bit.