Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

How do you guys keep people from stealing nice wheels?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
like this

^ Theres a good idea! lol
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Last year at a dealership in Sault Ste. Marie, ON, a brand new X GSR with the handling pkg had the BBS wheels stolen, right on the lot. They were smart, made sure the cameras didn't get a look at the vehicle they came in or their faces. It had McGard wheel locks, fwiw.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

GARAGE, is your only guaranteed safe bet, thats why when im looking for places to live, i look for garages and the house just comes with it
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hirudin
Welp, I thought I had a good idea up there so I made some labels to put inside my new wheels. I went to Staples and bought a package of Avery "Neon Assorted High Visibility Labels" and printed a message similar to the one I attached. I have also attached the a word document that can be used to print your own labels if you want.

If anyone cares: the labels are ~0.5 grams each.
that is a good idea, but more than likely theyll be taking the wheels to a "shady shop" anyway or someone they know who probably knows what theyre doing but still good idea because criminals are more often dumba$$e$ than not
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
shoot them
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TougeGod7
also, if your wheel get stolen tell insurance your car came with the factory bbs regardless if you have aftermarket rims on it or not
Yeah, because insurance fraud is cool. It's not like it drives up everyones insurance rates or anything.

Originally Posted by 4bangn
GARAGE, is your only guaranteed safe bet, thats why when im looking for places to live, i look for garages and the house just comes with it
Not even a garage is guaranteed, but it's a huge step in the right direction. One of the best things you can do.

Originally Posted by 4bangn
that is a good idea, but more than likely theyll be taking the wheels to a "shady shop" anyway or someone they know who probably knows what theyre doing but still good idea because criminals are more often dumba$$e$ than not
I foresee some poor sap who buys wheels off craigslist getting hosed, but at least you'll get your wheels back.

Last edited by Vivid Racing; Dec 15, 2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

wheel clamps, the ones the cops use when you have a sh*tload of unpay parking tickets. one on each wheel, only bad is you will look like an *** in the morning in a rush to work and have to take them off.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Hirudin
Welp, I thought I had a good idea up there so I made some labels to put inside my new wheels. I went to Staples and bought a package of Avery "Neon Assorted High Visibility Labels" and printed a message similar to the one I attached. I have also attached the a word document that can be used to print your own labels if you want.

If anyone cares: the labels are ~0.5 grams each.
Great idea IMO, and inexpensive too. I may do this when I get a new set of tires put on the BBS'
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:26 PM

Don't live or work where people are poor.

I'm not saying rich people don't steal - they are more likely to take your house or your 401k than your wheels though.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Duh!! This is a no brainer.... Get a Trunk Monkey

http://youtu.be/Ee3L9BQQ4Gs
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

^^ hahaha Love those.

Originally Posted by jcdeng
wheel clamps, the ones the cops use when you have a sh*tload of unpay parking tickets. one on each wheel, only bad is you will look like an *** in the morning in a rush to work and have to take them off.
Not to mention the tazer thats gonna get shot at you when the Pigs roll by as you are removing your own.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by meckanik
Don't live or work where people are poor.

I'm not saying rich people don't steal - they are more likely to take your house or your 401k than your wheels though.
Alternatively, keep cheap wheels on it -- XXR's for $500 all around are ok for a DD in midwest with potholes. IDC really about the price of rims - - I bought second rims for the sole reason of needing track rims separate from DD rims I never see perty rims at the track, never ever.