Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Weird mechanical sound from brakes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Weird mechanical sound from brakes

So recently I have been hearing a really weird sound coming from my brakes, there making a really weird mechanical clunck clunck sound when I push the brake pedal even lightly, the sound only happens at low speeds (like under 15mph) and only happens the first time I push the brakes at low speeds (and it doesnt make the sound if I'm slowing Down, like on the high way or coming to a stop at a light)... The sound started about 2 weeks after I got my pads changed (know running project Mu type NS) ... I've driven on the cannon road behind my house, but only after I bedded my pads and gave them a week of normal driving.. I haven't notice and negative difference in braking performance and my friends supra experiences something similar.... Any idea's on what could be going on?!?!?!?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you put them in, take them out and see if the pad is stuck.. the OE brembos pads are easy to pull out and check. maybe it's pad knock from a stuck pad.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 04:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get in there and make sure that nothing is seized up. Check pads and rotors for hot spots. Make sure that everything that needs grease has it. If all that checks out, it's probably just pad knock-back.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's the anti rattle clips on the 2-pieces brakes...had the same problem. Dealer swapped the front disks on warranty and second set has the same problem. Then I saw somewhere that somebody contacted brembo directly and this is supposed to be normal so I just don't bother with it anymore....

If your car's still under warranty take it to a dealer...you might get a new pair of disks out of this