Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

cusco brace members

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2011, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cusco brace members

Just doing some research on maperformance for my road racing setup and they have 7 cusco brace members for sale. My question is which ones should i go with? are they necessary? if anyone with them installed can give me some input thanks.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Move
Just doing some research on maperformance for my road racing setup and they have 7 cusco brace members for sale. My question is which ones should i go with? are they necessary? if anyone with them installed can give me some input thanks.

Very interested in these also since im looking at getting a full Cusco setup (Coilovers, swaybars, towers braces, and possibly frame braces.) But from what ive seen on some cars search Internet. The very front and rear seam to be the ones that most go with.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
In general, a front-heavy car needs the most help keeping the lower front control arms apart (at least when the front suspension is optimized, so you have a lot of front grip). The two tubular OE braces (under the plastic shield) and the OE gussets do not look like enough, although I can't find any evidence on the web. But, again, in general, that's where you need the most help, so the front-most brace would probably be the most useful. Our chassis is quite strong, so unless you're set up with a huge amount of rear roll stiffness, I can't see the other braces doing much besides adding weight.