Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Problems with Rota Grid's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Spaceman
What the hell are you trying to say?!

First you state Rota wheels aren't cheap and then a paragraph later you are saying they are cheap! Confused?

Obviously there are more expensive wheels than Volk, I think we all know that.

Rota and Volk are similar in design that is why people shop and compare both.

Bottom line is both wheels are just that wheels. If you got the money for forged get Volk. Want cast? Save money and get Rota.
I help you out lol

The Rota are a cheap copy of the better more expensive wheels, but they aren't that cheap to not having a better option of a better quality track proven- own factory designed wheels.

Also there is a lot more options then Rota and Volk. Specially with a not forged wheels.
Unless you want to look like you spend a money on Volks, and you didnt... that is basically the purpose of the Rotas.

But i am sure you alteady know this LOL
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Also i think you think about a "same" design instead the simular... nice try though
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gruppe-S
An Evo X is worth 28,000-35,000... Why not spend the extra money and get QUALITY wheels.

You also need to think about how DD has more stress on a wheel and suspension than almost any track. Surface streets and highways have crappy paved roads, tracks are smooth and well kept and maintained.

SPEND THE EXTRA $400 FOR ENKEI WHEELS AT LEAST! Its worth it....

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Owned both I like the piece of mind in knowing a new wheel isn't gonna cost me 1k, I don't have to worry about my wheels getting stolen and Enkei does not make one design I like. So no not worth it...

Maybe you should stick to taking care of your customers people might actually buy from you again. Ahh maybe not
Touche gsrboi80!

Buying rims is like buying a suit.

You can get an okay suit that feels nice and is made from good quality materials and generally the fit and finish is fine.

On the other hand, you can go to Italy and be man handed by some old dude and have a fine tailored suit which fits and feels the amount you spent. Only person that knows would be you and a select few that look for certain things in a suit.

Watches? Same thing, from buying a Fossil to buying a Breitling.

In the end it is how you perceive value. I had Rota Torques on my Evo when I first got it. Then I ran RPF1's (which cracked due to powdercoating) and now run TSW's on my winters. I just bought a set of TE's which will be my summer set up. Yes, I like changing shoes on my car but in the end all of the above made me happy. I try to stay away from the stock look as much as I can.

I'd buy Rota's again.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EdmBimmer

Touche gsrboi80!

Buying rims is like buying a suit.

You can get an okay suit that feels nice and is made from good quality materials and generally the fit and finish is fine.

On the other hand, you can go to Italy and be man handed by some old dude and have a fine tailored suit which fits and feels the amount you spent. Only person that knows would be you and a select few that look for certain things in a suit.

Watches? Same thing, from buying a Fossil to buying a Breitling.

In the end it is how you perceive value. I had Rota Torques on my Evo when I first got it. Then I ran RPF1's (which cracked due to powdercoating) and now run TSW's on my winters. I just bought a set of TE's which will be my summer set up. Yes, I like changing shoes on my car but in the end all of the above made me happy. I try to stay away from the stock look as much as I can.

I buy Rota's again if I wanted to.
I actually disagree on the watch explanation... its like you buying a real Breitling or the fake one. I have both. From a distance they both look a like, good chiniese copy. LoL
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Owned both I like the piece of mind in knowing a new wheel isn't gonna cost me 1k, I don't have to worry about my wheels getting stolen and Enkei does not make one design I like. So no not worth it...

Maybe you should stick to taking care of your customers people might actually buy from you again. Ahh maybe not

SSR also makes wheels cheaper than volk and the quality is very high. Same with Work for just a little bit more.

This isn't a flame thread about me, stay on topic.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

damn...you sir have *****.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

i want to see rota on drifting events, that is the ultimate test. to drift the wheels put so much stress to it.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A lot of good positive feedback here. Don't listen to the couple fan boys/vendors that are trying to sway you away from Rota. If you like a particular Rota wheel then get it. You won't be disappointed and you will save a ton of money.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've ran rotas before on my car and they cracked.. I've had 4 sets of enkei's on my car. One of them bent at the track. Only one and no crack
Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

well i dont have rota and with all the feedbacks it is not consistent....i means other used it for a long time...dd or track and some time attack. others are broken with tracking etc. if the op is more confused now i can say go with enkie rfp1 wheels. it is not a knockoff not that expensive and it is light too.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:44 PM

i ran rota torques on my subie for 6 years and never had a problem. then changed into advans ran for about 3 months hit a pothole and there goes my 2gs. can you explain that? sometimes u get bad rota sometime you bad authentic wheels. same as any other products
Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mick3ymik3
i ran rota torques on my subie for 6 years and never had a problem. then changed into advans ran for about 3 months hit a pothole and there goes my 2gs. can you explain that? sometimes u get bad rota sometime you bad authentic wheels. same as any other products
you damaged all 4 wheel? damn , that must be a massive hole. NY city is a sometimes like off roading LOL
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
you damaged all 4 wheel? damn , that must be a massive hole. NY city is a sometimes like off roading LOL
like this...

Old Dec 31, 2011, 03:19 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ak47m203
like this...
My roads are kinda like this, but not quite as bad - yet..

Old Jan 1, 2012, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all the help guys, I'm confused as **** now so I thnk I'll go w/ the Enkie's. As for the dude that burned Gruppe-S....I agree you guys scammed my roomate who bought an STI small block off you guys that arrived in a single ply card board box that was beat to ****, machined surfaces gouged, gaskets bent, oil pump broken, no spec sheet, no invoice, and customer service was CRAP....to make up for all of your errors you found it justified to send a jank *** calander and lame hat.... You should shut your company down...

Quick Reply: Problems with Rota Grid's