Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

need advice from wheel gurus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need advice from wheel gurus

alright i plan on picking up a new set of shoes for my car fairly soon and i want to run a nice aggressive rim even though i dd my car

im trying to get my hands on a set of 19x10.5+12 but if i cant im thinking of getting

RPF1's in an 18X10.5+15

also what colors do these come in i may want to get some in a color other than the normal blacks golds and silvers

now with these rims id prob run a 275 35 18 nt05 on my car

any advice on the best place to buy the wheels and also any other tires that are in the same class as nt05's and around the same price?

Last edited by Tubzzz14; Apr 24, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My advice is to choose the tires first and then get wheels to make them happy. Thus, instead of being close to a decision about the wheels and somewhat vague about the tires (15 profile?!), at this point you should be close to a decision about the tires and vague about the wheels.

If, in contrast, you want to discuss colors, then you're in the wrong forum.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
My advice is to choose the tires first and then get wheels to make them happy. Thus, instead of being close to a decision about the wheels and somewhat vague about the tires (15 profile?!), at this point you should be close to a decision about the tires and vague about the wheels.

If, in contrast, you want to discuss colors, then you're in the wrong forum.
sorry that was a typo i ment a 35 profile. i was just wondering about personal opinions ive seen nice review on the v12's heard they are more of a DD friendly tire compared to the nt05.

sorry if my OP was confusing as i wrote it while i was half asleep, and i asked about the colors becuase i know that every once in awhile there will be "limited" colors of the rpf-1's
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can buy any rim in silver or black and then have it powder coated to the color of your choice, don't worry about colors when ordering.

I would never run 19s on our cars, it hurts performance in order to gain some looks.

I would decide what size tire you need/want, and then pick and appropriate width rim. If you're set on 275s, then 10.5 is the right choice.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tkromer
You can buy any rim in silver or black and then have it powder coated to the color of your choice, don't worry about colors when ordering.

I would never run 19s on our cars, it hurts performance in order to gain some looks.

I would decide what size tire you need/want, and then pick and appropriate width rim. If you're set on 275s, then 10.5 is the right choice.

listen these rims are STRICTLY For looks, i am going to go with a 10.5 for the look hence me considering 19's, if and when i go to the track i will change my tire and wheel setup to something more functional. from what i can tell with 18x10.5's the 275 seem to fit perfectly
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RPF 1 in SBC = Niiiice.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by R Lar
RPF 1 in SBC = Niiiice.
yeha im stuck between rpf'1 in a nice custom color and varstoen 1.1.1 (ccw/bbs reps) with the center in an anodized purple or blue