Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Roll Center Adjustment Kit on Stock Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
The stock end-links are fine, I've been using mine with the Whiteline rear anti-sway bar for about 37k miles now. It's an easy install to do yourself. It took me about 10 minutes laying on my garage floor.
Old May 10, 2012, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DGlory
Any stories on the effects of Swift Sports on stock struts? I've heard that the GSR struts are more resilient to lowering springs than the MR, but will the Swifts still increase wear&tear?
Even if the stock struts are more resilient to lowering springs than the Bilsteins (which I don't know is true), the Bilstein's will be cheaper in the long run as you can rebuild them for around $400.
Old May 10, 2012, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DGlory
It sounds like a rear sway might be the best bang for the buck to get started. I don't have a lift but will be working on jack stands - is this an install that I can do myself (with help)? I've heard the front is a PITA so I'll probably go rear-only for now...

Also, what risk do I run with using the stock end links? Do i need to upgrade those as well?
Yeah the rear sway is a super easy job, about equivalent to an oil change.

Some people have snapped stock end links with an aftermarket rear sway bar. I've seen it first hand on my friends Evo with Hotchkiss RSB after a few track weekends. The added benefit of replacing the stock end links is that you can zero out the preload.