Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

What do you think of these D Force rims?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4B11AWD
MAX SEAT TIME

Would you have to run the 15mm spacer on the Enkeis if you were on a 285 r-comp? And do you feel the 315 really give you that much more grip over the 285 in solo2?

Thanks
I beleive you would still need a smaller spacer for the 285's. You also will begining to run into compression clearance issues even on a 285 tire.

as for the difference its huge....The car is camber and suspension setup well.:

AST 5200's with Camber plates
900/1000 8" Hyperco Springs
OEM sways
lots of neg camber at both ends :-)

The EVO X's weight allows for the 315's to heat cycle quickly and they rock!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please run at the National Championships this year. I'd love to see how you do. It'd give me faith in the X platform again for autox. After seeing Brian from AST run in STU a few years ago and deciding its too heavy, I kind of lost faith (even for Street Prepared) since the 8/9 are so much lighter.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:15 AM

not bad looking...
Old Jul 2, 2012, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by 4B11AWD
Please run at the National Championships this year. I'd love to see how you do. It'd give me faith in the X platform again for autox. After seeing Brian from AST run in STU a few years ago and deciding its too heavy, I kind of lost faith (even for Street Prepared) since the 8/9 are so much lighter.

Hey I've been booked to go to Nats a few times over the last 15 years...Never made it..

Its a PITA to take a week off from work for 6 runs

I'll venture out next year to a couple other tour events and see how the car does.
It will be very well sorted by the end of this year.

So will this rusty driver!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 01:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by MAX SEAT TIME
The offset requires a 15MM hubcentric spacer for strut clearance up front, I run them at all 4 corners with all 3 rim and tire setups

THe ride height is lower than stock but high enough for my 900F/1000R springs to keep the tires from making contact with the fenders under full load.

The fenders have been massaged and repainted to pull them out as far as possible. Our cars weigh much more than the previous generarion EVO's and STI's but also have some advantages as well.

The 315's on my EVO are unbeleivable. I have 20+ years Solo 2 experience and was one of the first BMEW E36 drivers who ran a 285/30/18 setup in BSP years ago...

check this out:

http://www.onehotlap.com/

Scroll down to Clips 2 and 3...The M3 driver is a friend of mine and he took the Nat TOur BSP win at Devens a couple weeks ago...I'm the ASP white EVO that cranked out FTD
yeah, I'm not quite that serious about my autox effort, I just get whatever I want and end up autox'ing in whatever class I'm legal for just for fun... summer tires and winter tires is pretty much as far as i'm willing to go with my different tire setups...

I was more asking to see a pic to see if I like it from any other angles. From the pics you posted above these wheels don't really do it for me on the X. maybe if I saw it from some other angles I'd like it and I'd consider these wheels whenever I get around to upgrading