Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Rota Grid Clones?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rota Grid Clones?

So I have been trying to track down some rota grids... Found some clones on ebay, was wondering what your opinion was on this. I'm guessing I can't link but yea it I searched for rota grid 18, and the title says "rota grid style" thoughts? They are out of LA and list a phone #...
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
XXRs probably. Or Volk's since they are a clone of Grids hahaha.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
lol, clone of a clone.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, so now knock-offs are being knocked-off? Quite the world we live in now with "brand name" generics and such
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Just wait until the Equate or Great Value brand, oh Best Choice would be good too.

I can see it now...
Buy our new 18" Equate Best Choice Grid Volk XXR style rims.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AWDTerror
Just wait until the Equate or Great Value brand, oh Best Choice would be good too.

I can see it now...
Buy our new 18" Equate Best Choice Grid Volk XXR style rims.
I am looking at Grids because I cannot afford Volks. I am going to hold out for these^^
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:25 PM

knock-offs of the knock-offs .... I don't want to live in this world anymore
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by fishtaco254
So I have been trying to track down some rota grids... Found some clones on ebay, was wondering what your opinion was on this. I'm guessing I can't link but yea it I searched for rota grid 18, and the title says "rota grid style" thoughts? They are out of LA and list a phone #...
buy it, at least you shouldnt have to worry about the Rota owners opinion. In this case they opinion really means nothing .
Literally ... LOL

Last edited by Robevo RS; Nov 15, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Here's a link to them I found:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evo-8-9-10-E...5ee567&vxp=mtr

About same price as Grids too haha, what a scam
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:59 PM

mind: blown
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageEvo8
mind: blown
Agreed.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Yea there are a bunch of knock-offs. The usuals are Rota, Varrstoen, and XXRs.. Most are about the same quality- not so good.. Rotas are ok at best. They are fine for street duty though, although a lot of people still poor mouth them. RPF1s are only a couple hundred more that knockoffs though so it's always better to get those.

I saw those "Grid style wheels" online too. If you want knockoffs, I say atleast get the original knockoffs.

Everyone complaining about knockoffs are just wasting their breath though. There will always be knockoffs for any parts/wheels. There are also even worse grades of knockoffs, like these.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

so double knock-off, it's like double dead meat.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ugakirk
Yea there are a bunch of knock-offs. The usuals are Rota, Varrstoen, and XXRs.. Most are about the same quality- not so good.. Rotas are ok at best. They are fine for street duty though, although a lot of people still poor mouth them. RPF1s are only a couple hundred more that knockoffs though so it's always better to get those.

I saw those "Grid style wheels" online too. If you want knockoffs, I say atleast get the original knockoffs.

Everyone complaining about knockoffs are just wasting their breath though. There will always be knockoffs for any parts/wheels. There are also even worse grades of knockoffs, like these.
Tough argument to make in my own opinion.. Therefore, I like the way you worded this. To me, there is a replicated part for damn near every mod on the Evo. For the fact that its mirrored to another product doesnt make it any worse off. Now, if its integrity can be questioned, with legitimate proof of that, then great, you have a point. But, there's been so much negative momentum because of the frequency at which people like to make fun of such wheels because they saw or talked to someone else saying something negative.. They can identify each wheel, sometimes, but they dont have any proof to support a thorough argument against its quality.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Showbizz41
Tough argument to make in my own opinion.. Therefore, I like the way you worded this. To me, there is a replicated part for damn near every mod on the Evo. For the fact that its mirrored to another product doesnt make it any worse off. Now, if its integrity can be questioned, with legitimate proof of that, then great, you have a point. But, there's been so much negative momentum because of the frequency at which people like to make fun of such wheels because they saw or talked to someone else saying something negative.. They can identify each wheel, sometimes, but they dont have any proof to support a thorough argument against its quality.
well... as you said, there is a bunch of "replicated or replacment" parts are avialable. Then there is a bunch of upgraded parts are avialable on the market also for a same thing or purpose. Now that is up to you from there, you do replace-replicate or you do an upgrades on the car with your money.

Quick Reply: Rota Grid Clones?