Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

tmps sensor?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tmps sensor?

I recently bought RPF1 SBC 18x9.5 +15 I went to the tires shop to take out my stock tires. put it on my RPF1 suddenly the guy told me the tmps sensor wont fit on my RPF1 told me the hole is to small now Im having on low pressure tires on my dashboard does anyone having issue on this? roll shop make the hole bigger or buy after market tmps ?

THANK YOU
Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:16 PM

You'll just want to buy new sensors that'll work with the car. Just FYI, it's TPMS :P Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/select...-market-wheels
Old Mar 16, 2013, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

While those aftermarket sensors might fit on the car, you are going to have to take the car to the dealership after you install them to have your car's ecu learn them.

If you need sensors that won't need to go to the dealership shoot me a pm. Although I would love to sell you sensors, I think the OEM sensors will fit in the RPF's ( if they are the OEM sensors in your car ).
Old Mar 16, 2013, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I find all of this confusing, but I might lack critical information.

I have had RPF1s and I'd swear that they have .453" (11.5 mm) holes, just like the OE wheels. Yes, the OE sensors have the valve-stem firmly connected to the sensor, which can cause grief, but not because of the size of the hole. Did you get some strange Enkeis with the smaller-sized (8 mm) hole, instead? Or am I just completely wrong about the size of the hole on the OE wheels?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you'll get used to that low pressure on your dashboard. lol. don't even bother just use some nice valvestems instead. back in the day, we don't even have sensors like that. just check your tire pressure every now and then.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 04:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't' see anything special on our end that says a modded sensor or alternate part outside the oe one is needed.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arvin padiernos
I recently bought RPF1 SBC 18x9.5 +15 I went to the tires shop to take out my stock tires. put it on my RPF1 suddenly the guy told me the tmps sensor wont fit on my RPF1 told me the hole is to small now Im having on low pressure tires on my dashboard does anyone having issue on this? roll shop make the hole bigger or buy after market tmps ?

THANK YOU
oem tpms should fit the rpf1. I used stock tpms on mine.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:36 AM

Stock sensors fit the RPF1. Find a better shop who can install your stock sensors or just live with the warning light. Too bad it's going to cost you to dismounted/remount and balance.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:48 AM

ya man i manager a lube/ tire shop and the tpms sensor should fit the new wheels they probably just were doing something wrong. And if for some strange reason you have different size sensors it would be cheaper for you to have the hole bored out instead of buying sensors and reprogramming them. sensors range from $60-$200 each and we would charge $18 for each one to unmount, installed, remount, reballence, and program each one.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Odds are, the person relaying the problem to the OP was either unclear or misinformed. What makes it difficult to install OE TPMS sensors in some wheels is how the sensor, itself, is attached to the stem. If there isn't an open area on the inside of the barrel of the wheel in the right place relative to the hole, then the OE sensors are hard to install. Not impossible, as I know it has been done, but not easy for a tech used to just following the steps in a manual to do.

Besides being reprogrammable, the Sens.It sensors (i.e., those that EvoM member N.G.S. programs and sells to the community at pretty much cost) have the advantage of being much more flexible with regard to installation. As crazy as this will sound, rather than disabling TPMS, I have sensors in my rally wheels. It would have been close to impossible to get OE sensors in 15" Braids. But, after not-so-subtly implying that I was a complete and total idiot for putting sensors in rally wheels, the tech who was mounting my gravel tires put Sens.It sendors in my wheels in less than 5 minutes.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 02:52 AM

Find TPM adaptors online. Or you can find a good shop to drill the hole bigger.