Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Are Konig torch good?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2013, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Are Konig torch good?

Hi everyone, im new to this forum and new to Evo x too. Just got my WW Evo x a month ago and find the stock wheels are ridiculously ugly. I'm thinking about buying a set of wheels and found Konig torch wheels look incredibly sick on WW EVO. The only problem is that my friend told me those are not good wheels. What I think is that as long as they are durable and strong enough to handle the power of the car, they are good enough to me.

Any comments or recommendations? Thank you all for helping my problems.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
People have been buying and driving on Konig wheels for decades now.

You'll catch heat here because they are cheap likely cast wheels. If you don't have Volks, ADVANS, CCW, etc... You aren't considered cool apparently.

FWIW I sold my Volks a couple years back cause I was sick of worrying about them honestly.

Cars been on Rotas since and I couldn't care less
Old Jul 8, 2013, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
People have been buying and driving on Konig wheels for decades now.

You'll catch heat here because they are cheap likely cast wheels. If you don't have Volks, ADVANS, CCW, etc... You aren't considered cool apparently.

FWIW I sold my Volks a couple years back cause I was sick of worrying about them honestly.

Cars been on Rotas since and I couldn't care less
Thank you gsrboi. I think im kinda into the looking of those odd-number-spoke wheels. Especially 7 spokes. But sadly AVS F7 looks just ugly on EVO. Could you give me any recommendation on 7-spoke wheels which are forged not cast? But srsly, does forged and cast wheels have that much difference?

Last edited by Patrick Mao; Jul 8, 2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: adding info
Old Jul 16, 2013, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Patrick Mao
Thank you gsrboi. I think im kinda into the looking of those odd-number-spoke wheels. Especially 7 spokes. But sadly AVS F7 looks just ugly on EVO. Could you give me any recommendation on 7-spoke wheels which are forged not cast? But srsly, does forged and cast wheels have that much difference?
Forged ones have higher load limits and can usually be repaired more easily. Cast one will crack more easily under loads and the casting doesnt weld up as well as the forged ones.

Cast wheels tend to be a little stiffer in flex but will crack and break at some point. the forged ones tend to bend much more but not break. They can usually be straightened out if the bend is not too bad.