Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Question On Fitment 18x9.5 +12

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question On Fitment 18x9.5 +12

I'm going to mount my rim soon on my car and just wasn't 100% sure about it if I need to camber or not if someone can help me clear this up that would be great.

18 x 9.5 +12 Rays G games 77 sog

Tires

265/35/18 Hankook RS3

Lower On GTWorx springs
Whiteline center Roll kit

Do I need to camber for it not to rub or a fender roll is good enough.

Thanks ahead guys!

Last edited by M13x; Jan 27, 2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:22 PM

Because of the fitment I got +12 and with the tire size I'm running 265/35/18 I have to get a camber and also fender work done that is 100% should had gone with +22 because much safer and no fender mod needed. Prob a -2 camber or -2.5 depending on how the springs set in.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 06:59 PM

I just ordered the same size wheels as u did and was also planning on running the same size tires. i am lowered on tein springs. did u need to buy a camber kit? and how bad is it on the car? running the camber and/or just running this size wheel in general?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

I'm curious to know experiences as well.

I will probably be ordering same size wheel & tire with a +10 offset and would like to completely understand what headaches I'm getting myself into.

WedsSport TC105N 18x9.5 only comes in +35 (too much) or +10 (too little) offsets.

I'm leaning towards the +10 offset since the RR face is concave & improves aesthetics, IMO. If I'm going to spend that kinda money on wheels I have to like how they look a little right?!

Spacers with the +35 offset would defeat the purpose of a nice light wheel, no?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by lithe
Not really. Spacers are near the center of the wheel, so they add very little rotational inertia. They are only really adding unsprung weight and not very much it.

High-offset wheels with mismatching type-2 spacers is often the best way to set up a car that is cutting it close to rubbing. Remember that Evo Xs need a lower front offset than rear to avoid both the shock and the fender.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by pjmccaffery
I just ordered the same size wheels as u did and was also planning on running the same size tires. i am lowered on tein springs. did u need to buy a camber kit? and how bad is it on the car? running the camber and/or just running this size wheel in general?
No need for camber kit and its not that bad just need a good allingment. Im going to put on rim today then allingment on sat ill post what camber is needed after im done.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe what was being referred to is the need for replacement toe arms in the rear when the car is lowered a lot. That's the only kind of "camber kit" that I know of for Xs.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:20 AM

I'm curious to know experiences as well.

I will probably be ordering same size wheel & tire with a +10 offset and would like to completely understand what headaches I'm getting myself into.

WedsSport TC105N 18x9.5 only comes in +35 (too much) or +10 (too little) offsets.

I'm leaning towards the +10 offset since the RR face is concave & improves aesthetics, IMO. If I'm going to spend that kinda money on wheels I have to like how they look a little right?!

+10 is going over my own comfort zone lol you also have to worry about tire ware I read that too much camber = new set of tire every 7k miles or Tire Rotation every like 1-2k miles.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Not to mention having your wheel bearings cross you off their Christmas list.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Not to mention having your wheel bearings cross you off their Christmas list.
Now you're scaring me!

Hmmmm, maybe back to the drawing board...Advan RGIII, RSII, TCIII?

I just don't think I can do the near vertical/convex spoke of the +35 offset TC105N.

None are as light as the TC105N, but look better, IMO, better offsets, more expensive though too.

Thanks for everyone's input!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Now you're scaring me!
Ignore me, then. Enjoy the car. I'm on +18s and I'm not nice to my car. Wheel-bearing are consumables. When they go, replace them. No need to worry about them before-hand.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 02:47 PM

ok. the wheels i purchased are Varrstoen ES7 18x9.5 +12. and im planning on using 365/35 tires. so you're saying ill be good once i get an alignment? will i need spacers in the front or back? or anything else to make them work? im just trying to figure everything out before i buy the tires and go thru with this. Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pjmccaffery
im planning on using 365/35 tires.
I know it's just a typo, but I think you really should create the first street-legal Evo X monster truck.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

I have 18x9.5 +15 with 265/35/18 Dunlop Star Specs, which run wider than your average 265 tire because that's how they make 'em... it rubbed the very very outer edge and required a fender roll. If I would've gone with a 245 tire like my buddy did on the same exact wheel setup, I wouldn't have rubbed at all. This is given you get an alignment with at least -1 degree camber out back, which you should anyways regardless of wheel setup.
Came across the above wisdom in the wheel/tire fitment thread...doing your research always pays!

I think (for the moment anyway) I'll still be going with the TC105N's then, I can live with a little fender rolling and negative camber.

What F/R camber/toe specs are ideal Iowa? For DD duty, not your gravel-eating monster!

ok. the wheels i purchased are Varrstoen ES7 18x9.5 +12. and im planning on using 365/35 tires. so you're saying ill be good once i get an alignment? will i need spacers in the front or back? or anything else to make them work? im just trying to figure everything out before i buy the tires and go thru with this. Thanks for your help!
With my very limited knowledge yes, you should be good. Rear fender rolling, some degree of negative camber (still within spec though I believe), and an alignment and you're fine. Spacers shouldn't be necessary, you'll be beyond flush without them.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
I know it's just a typo, but I think you really should create the first street-legal Evo X monster truck.
LOL.

Quick Reply: Question On Fitment 18x9.5 +12