Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

car pulling to right under acceleration

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car pulling to right under acceleration

NOTE: I copied this post directly from EvoXForums. I'm digging around in as many places as possible to attempt to find an answer.

Searching forums, I found this thread which describes a problem similar to mine, but nothing was solved, or at least the thread didn't seem to have any resolution.

The current particulars:
2008 GSR
23,XXX miles
stock suspension*
18 x 9.5 Enkei NT03+N with some ****ty all season tires for highway purposes
custom exhaust
Cobb intake
COBB AP

*recently removed my AST 5100s to have them rebuilt

1.5 years ago, I put on my AST suspension, & after alignment, noticed the car would pull slightly to the right under acceleration (seems to happen above like 2500, or thereabouts). I cannot remember whether the car pulled a bit before installing the suspension. The pull wasn't terrible, so I didn't really think much of it, beyond being annoyed. I recently removed the suspension & switched back to stock so I could have the coilovers rebuilt. I had the car aligned, & then soon thereafter (few weeks, & maybe 100 miles?) switched tires.

Fast forward to the past week-- I've noticed the pulling is even worse. It happens when driving at normal speeds. Frankly, it's scaring the crap out of me.

Basically, when I'm driving, when accelerating, I notice the wheel turns to the right about five degrees, but the car basically stays straight. If I pull the wheel back to center, it veers sharply left. The issue also happens when cruising-- I'll be at whatever the highway speed is, & then I touch the throttle to go around a car & the wheel turns. When I push in the clutch or let off throttle, the wheel returns to 12 o'clock. The wheel seems to turn even when I'm using cruise control & the car accelerates to maintain speed.

Today, when exiting a freeway, the road turns to the left & merges onto another highway. While going around this bend, the car was fighting me violently trying to pull right & the center cluster gave me a slip/ traction warning. I tried another curve with the AST disabled (having held to as-fully-as-possible disable) & the car still fought me, but I didn't get the slip/ traction warning.

I cannot remember hitting anything that would have exacerbated my problem. The issues seem to happen everywhere, independent of speed or road condition (ie just under acceleration-- when I let off, the wheel goes back to normal).

Any ideas what this could be? I don't want my car to feel scary!

PS: Apologies for the long post-- I'm trying to be as concise as possible when describing the problem.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Try rotating tires and see which way it pulls after that.