Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

New EVO X bad alignment

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New EVO X bad alignment

Hey guys so I purchased a brand new EVO X 2 days ago and ever since i drove it home my alignment has been off. With steering wheel straight it pulls to the right and to drive straight i have to angle the steering wheel to the left. I took it to get an alignment today at firestone and they said all was fixed but when I drove it home it was exactly the same as when I left. So I took it back and told them and they said they would drive it and see. A few minutes pass and they say they tweeked it a bit and if it wasnt better to bring it back again in a few days.

Why could it be doing this? It's a brand new 2014 so its hard to think that it already has issues with alignment.

I'm attaching photos of the alignment sheet they gave me. New EVO X bad alignment-image-3-.jpg

New EVO X bad alignment-image-2-.jpg
Old Apr 14, 2014, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's popular opinion that factory alignment sucks from the dealership.

Get it realigned at a good shop. Figure out what your 90% of the time driving load is and put it in your car when you do the alignment. If it's just you and an empty trunk, then drive to the alignment shop with an empty trunk. Any good alignment shop will let you sit in the vehicle as they do the alignment, the important thing is to be perfectly still.

Also, stock Evo's tend to pull to the left even after alignment, FYI.

If you're used to driving cars with 0 toe all around, get that for the Evo, even if it's out of factory spec. If you're not used to it and do it, it will feel very darty at first, until you get used to it.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is a stumper. The front is .06 to the left and the rear is .05 to the right. That ought to make the car yaw to the left (assuming that the alignment was done with the steering wheel straight). Yet, you say it pulls to the right.

But given that the folks at Firestone only seemed to aim for getting it in spec, rather than actually aligned correct, I'm not ready to trust the read-out.

I, personally, would either go to the dealer and throw a fit or take it a place that really knows how to align a car.