Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

will this work?? HELP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will this work?? HELP

Getting Varrstoen es1 18×9.5 +22. Also getting 265/35 yokohama s drives and H&R springs.
ive tried searching to the ends of the world for an answer but cannot find one.

1) will it rub?
2) Will it need a fender pull?
3) can I avoid A&B If I get offset 30?
4) what camber settings so i dont ruin the tires?

I dont want to be hellaflush ****. I just want to sit nicely because this is my daily and not planning on tracking it untill I buy another daily.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 01:10 PM

Hi, I'm running the ES1's in 18x9,5 ET12 with Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18

My car is lowered but the fenders are not rolled and I do not have any rubbin but they are not that flush. I have a finger wheel gap.
I only have some rubbin with the inner wheel plastic guards in the front when I turn the steering wheel completely.

Old Aug 25, 2014, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Luv4DSM
Hi, I'm running the ES1's in 18x9,5 ET12 with Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18

My car is lowered but the fenders are not rolled and I do not have any rubbin but they are not that flush. I have a finger wheel gap.
I only have some rubbin with the inner wheel plastic guards in the front when I turn the steering wheel completely.

Hi mate, did you use spacer to clear the front brembo?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

We're currently running Volk TE37SL 18x10.5 +22 with 265's lowered on DSG Edition Fortune Auto 500's. No rubbing! We didn't roll the fenders either

Cheers,
Jason
Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by DSG Performance
We're currently running Volk TE37SL 18x10.5 +22 with 265's lowered on DSG Edition Fortune Auto 500's. No rubbing! We didn't roll the fenders either

Cheers,
Jason
How are you liking these edition of the Coilovers ? Smooth ? I plan on either the basic fortune auto 500 or the DSG version . I'm looking for maximum comfort with a nice drop haha
Old Aug 27, 2014, 05:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ayooo_itzme
How are you liking these edition of the Coilovers ? Smooth ? I plan on either the basic fortune auto 500 or the DSG version . I'm looking for maximum comfort with a nice drop haha
They're amazing, honestly. When we designed the DSG edition, we wanted to take the high quality elements of the race-bred 510 series but make a street-able coilover like the 500 series. That's why the valving is very smooth on the DSG Edition but you get all the bells and whistles like Swift Springs, Radial Bearing Mounts, Amsoil Shock Fluid, etc.

The DSG was the best of both worlds type of thing, amazing for the daily drive but still aggressive enough when you hit the track.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 08:13 AM

They're amazing, honestly. When we designed the DSG edition, we wanted to take the high quality elements of the race-bred 510 series but make a street-able coilover like the 500 series. That's why the valving is very smooth on the DSG Edition but you get all the bells and whistles like Swift Springs, Radial Bearing Mounts, Amsoil Shock Fluid, etc.

The DSG was the best of both worlds type of thing, amazing for the daily drive but still aggressive enough when you hit the track.
Even so, if I'm just looking for Maximum comfort without any track or racing. Would you recommend DSG or just basic Fortune Auto 500 ? And I remember they had a issue where they didn't have a stud to hold in the brake line so usually they had to zip tie it?

Don't mean to steal your thread or anything OP
Old Aug 29, 2014, 06:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Even so, if I'm just looking for Maximum comfort without any track or racing. Would you recommend DSG or just basic Fortune Auto 500 ? And I remember they had a issue where they didn't have a stud to hold in the brake line so usually they had to zip tie it?

Don't mean to steal your thread or anything OP
I saw your email we can keep in touch there. The DSG edition we made is actually more comfortable than a 500 series because you automatically get Swift Springs and Radial Bearing Mounts with them whereas they are extras on the 500. At the end of the day, if you get all the options on a 500, you're very close to the price of the DSG edition and you miss out on the high-end Amsoil shock fluid we use in the DSG edition

Also for the brake line brackets, they are most definitely on there. Maybe an older generation didn't but they do now.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 04:31 AM

I saw your email we can keep in touch there. The DSG edition we made is actually more comfortable than a 500 series because you automatically get Swift Springs and Radial Bearing Mounts with them whereas they are extras on the 500. At the end of the day, if you get all the options on a 500, you're very close to the price of the DSG edition and you miss out on the high-end Amsoil shock fluid we use in the DSG edition

Also for the brake line brackets, they are most definitely on there. Maybe an older generation didn't but they do now.
I'm convinced , is there any warranty for it ? I know they're rebuild able .
Anyways,
I'm in the process of ordering it . Just haven't got a reply back yet..lol
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Anyways,
Hey bud!

I actually replied quite awhile ago to your email. Please double check, if not I'll resend

FYI, Fortune Auto offers a 5-year warranty!

Cheers,
Jason
Old Sep 2, 2014, 01:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Anyways,
I wrote back 5 days ago and just re-sent my email. Let me know if you received it!

Cheers bud,
Jason