Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Alignment Help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment Help

Just got back home from an alignment shop and I found out some adjustment problems for my car.

My driver's side rear camber and toe cannot be adjusted. The alignment tech and I replaced the bolt, eccentric, and nut to see if that would adjust it at all but the entire thing just rotates in place. For the camber adjustment, we even tried to flip the bolt to see if we can get any adjustment from the other side of the frame, doesn't work either, still turns in place.

Upon further inspection, I noticed that the frame where the eccentric turns for both driver's side rear toe and camber look shot, which is probably the cause of no adjustment when we try and adjust those angles. I have attached some pics to show currently the "frame damage". First picture is driver's rear camber, the following is driver's rear toe.

I have no idea how the frame got this bad, my last alignment was about a year ago and everything was in spec with no frame damage. I haven't change any suspension parts since then.

My question is, how can I fix this?
Can aftermarket parts such as Whiteline's Adjustable Rear Control Arms be able to adjust my camber again with this current frame damage? Likewise for the rear toe, will an aftermarket part be sufficient for being to adjust again?
I think I can get some welding done but I have no idea where a reliable shop can do that, and I have a feeling the price will be very expensive. If I have to weld, it will be a last resort.

Please help!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 04:43 AM

Get Godspeed toe arms and megan camber arms, they are both telescopic and will fix your problem.

They will actually be an upgrade in the sense that they will give you much better camber and toe adjustment. ebay is the best place to get them..
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by keshav707
Get Godspeed toe arms and megan camber arms, they are both telescopic and will fix your problem.

They will actually be an upgrade in the sense that they will give you much better camber and toe adjustment. ebay is the best place to get them..
Thanks for the input. I have never heard of the brand Godspeed. Is it a good quality part? I would hate to have it fail while autocrossing.
I am considering both Megan Racing for both camber and toe arms. Or Whiteline's lower control arm (if this is also telescopic).