Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Continental contact dws

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Continental contact dws

So I had my mind made up to replace the stock advans with continental extreme contact dws tire when the time came. So today while I had my other car at the tire shop I inquired about the continentals. I was told that these tires are now going to be discontinued. So now Im back at square 1 looking for a tire to use in Socal that is comparable to the continental. Basically the weather is summeresque year around with an occasional rain. The only time I might see snow is if I head up to Big Bear. What tires would you guys recommend.
Old May 19, 2014, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Visit tirerack.com
Old May 19, 2014, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
michelin pilot super sports.. best all around street tire…. I run them on my 9 and they handle awesome
Old May 20, 2014, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by EvoXXXX
So I had my mind made up to replace the stock advans with continental extreme contact dws tire when the time came. So today while I had my other car at the tire shop I inquired about the continentals. I was told that these tires are now going to be discontinued. So now Im back at square 1 looking for a tire to use in Socal that is comparable to the continental. Basically the weather is summeresque year around with an occasional rain. The only time I might see snow is if I head up to Big Bear. What tires would you guys recommend.
When I was looking at the getting all season tires I was looking at the continental extreme contact dws or the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's. I went for the dedicated setup though = Blizzak WS70's for winter plus the stock Advans for summer. Maybe take a look at the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's???
Old May 21, 2014, 09:01 PM

Looks like the mich pss with be my choice when it is time
Old May 22, 2014, 08:53 PM

Tirerack has continental dws in stock. Usually a tire company does not discontinue a tire without having a replacement to take its place. I have dws on both my evos. They are great all abound tires. Having said that, if continental went out of business, I would go with Bridgestone.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I haven't heard anything about the DWS being discontinued. Still have good stock in most of their sizes.