Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Neo motorsport coilovers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neo motorsport coilovers

A few months ago I was asked to test out a local company by the name of Neo Motorsports new line of coilovers, so I thought I'd share my review with everyone.

They offer three different stages, basic (blue), Street performance (purple) and race (green). I have the set of green but most of review will be for all of them:

First Impressions: 9/10

The unit itself looks amazing, and made from forged aluminum parts, feels like a solid coilover. I have experience with KW V3, HSD, Standard suspension and these are definitely the best looking coilover out of the box.

Install: 7/10

The install is basically the same for all coilvers, a little but of a PTA especially the rears ones. The one knock on these is the mounting points are customizable, which is great for someone hands on like me, but for shops and less experienced, can be challenging getting at the brake lines ect. all mounted up. Also, this coil is a very strong unit with little give so it made for some deep breath, don't throw your coil across the room moments.

Adjustability: 8/10

The springs rates came pre-loaded but needed some adjustments I found, which isn't the end of the world, just time consuming. The dampening settings are amazing and you have 36 different settings to choose from that are all very finite. The height adjusting was pretty straight forward, I use synthetic motor oil to lube all the coils locking points, so everything locked up and unlocked fairly easily.

Performance: 9.5/10

These coils are pretty damn good, especially considering the price point being mid grade coilover. I have definitely put these to the test and they have performed great. Even more surprising, being a race coil, the daily driving I do was fairly comfortable. I drive to work in the Evo, and the ride quality might be the best I have had out of everything I have used. And again the performance side on high speed driving and cornering, they have held up as well.

Overall: 9/10

I would recommend these to anyone looking for a quality performance coilover, especially for daily driving. There are higher price point coilovers out there that are amazing, don't get me wrong, but there is nothing below 2k that are as good or better then these coils. I would even argue some of the higher end coils are equal to, not necessarily better than, these units.

http://www.neo-motorsport.com/suspensions