Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

AMBIT wheels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks pretty good for what you paid.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matiK
Wait until they break.. Someone in the genesis community took these out on track and after the second session or something hitting an apex, one of the spokes broke. There was an outrage in the genesis community and this "Ray Huynh" kid got banned that was selling them. He couldn't provide proper paperwork when asked and showed some bull**** taiwanese crap
Do you have a link that like to share? That would be very helpful.

I did quick research but no luck. I do see some pictures of bimmer and brz&frs owners running them plus their vendor selling those.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
that is all I find so far about cracking :

http://www.ambitwheels.com/pages/warranty-policy
Old Jan 22, 2016, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
that is all I find so far about cracking :

http://www.ambitwheels.com/pages/warranty-policy
They better cover shipping if it happens to anyone. Shipping to them can cost more than just buying it lol.

Noone knows maybe they become very popular like rota wheels later.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I've had the RS-18's installed for over a year now and have had several high speed meetings with pot holes and such (the kind that makes you clench your hiney when you spot them too late) and have never had a problem. The powder coating seems incredibly durable too, no chipping even after hitting the finish plenty a time with an impact socket. I highly recommend to anyone interested.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 03:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just circling back around to this. I thought that I had an email alert setup for this thread, but apparently not, seeing that there's two new pages of discussion.

I'm genuinely happy that nobody has had issues with these wheels yet, on this forum at least.

The wheels being inexpensive doesn't give Ambit the right to fake QC credentials. That speaks volumes of a company in my mind. Ambit actually held-up their end of the bargain, and removed the JWL / VIA claims from their website, but instead now claim "Manufactured in a JWL / VIA Certified Facility", which means absolutely nothing, because if the wheels itself doesn't see the appropriate fatigue testing, nobody knows it's actual durability.

I'm filing a formal BBB complaint as we speak, and we'll see what happens after that. The fact that they still cast "VIA" and JWL" into their wheels is highly illegal. The JWL is a fairly serious group; we all know the Japanese take their wheel quality very seriously.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

I basically blow a tires last week one of this wheel in a very nice and deep pothole. The wheel has no issue.

Dont know it matters or not for this thread.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jakgal04
I've had the RS-18's installed for over a year now and have had several high speed meetings with pot holes and such (the kind that makes you clench your hiney when you spot them too late) and have never had a problem. The powder coating seems incredibly durable too, no chipping even after hitting the finish plenty a time with an impact socket. I highly recommend to anyone interested.
Im going to be powder coating over their factory PC. so thats good to kknow they have a good base.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheBigChill
Just circling back around to this. I thought that I had an email alert setup for this thread, but apparently not, seeing that there's two new pages of discussion.

I'm genuinely happy that nobody has had issues with these wheels yet, on this forum at least.

The wheels being inexpensive doesn't give Ambit the right to fake QC credentials. That speaks volumes of a company in my mind. Ambit actually held-up their end of the bargain, and removed the JWL / VIA claims from their website, but instead now claim "Manufactured in a JWL / VIA Certified Facility", which means absolutely nothing, because if the wheels itself doesn't see the appropriate fatigue testing, nobody knows it's actual durability.

I'm filing a formal BBB complaint as we speak, and we'll see what happens after that. The fact that they still cast "VIA" and JWL" into their wheels is highly illegal. The JWL is a fairly serious group; we all know the Japanese take their wheel quality very seriously.

I don't know, maybe my English but I checked it out today 03-12-2016

and that is what I found:

"Our wheels are widely used in motorsports such as drifting, especially by our sponsored drivers. Quality is important to us and we stand behind that. Our wheels meet all JWL/VIA certifications and pass a QC inspection during production.

Ambit Wheels are JWL tested and VIA certified"

https://www.ambitwheels.com/collecti...-17x9-15-wheel

Last edited by Robevo RS; Mar 12, 2016 at 06:09 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe they started to actually certifying them now? Did they go up in price as well?