Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

camber toe adjustment

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by stiggysaurus
hispanicpanic, how much camber did you have dialed in before you started noticing significant inner tread wear on your PSS? I have -2.0 in the Front and noticed significant wear on the stock advans at < 10k miles. just curious what I should dial in on my new 275/35 PSS in the spring
at -3.6 on a 245/40, i noticed minimal inner wear. Enough to not care, even for DD. This is probably because i was at every auto-x and every trackday available in the state of texas. I also apex everything on the street so i'm not nice to my tires. I stopped at -3.6 because my tire temps were nice and even at the track.

If i were you, i would start at -2.6 up front, with the expectation that you're going to need more, possibly up to -3.1 or so. PSS have very soft sidewalls compared to other performance tires, so this is their weakpoint (more static camber). But on the plus side, the PSS are actually made of 2 different tire compounds. The inner 2/3 of the tire is a harder compound that gives the tire its 300 treadwear. The outer 1/3 of the tire is MUCH softer, providing the grip in the corners. This helps even out the wear from all the extra camber.

I guess you gotta ask yourself what you want to do with the car. If you do like 2-3 auto-x's a year and MAYBE a trackday per year, -2.5 will be fine. And if you notice uneven wear, you can always reduce it slightly and just start taking corners harder. It'll even out
Old Feb 20, 2015, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kind of agree and kind of disagree. I think above 2.5 is too much for the streets. If you need that kind of camber on the streets you are driving way to aggressive around others. I think 2 is fine for street and from there work on tire pressure to fine tune it.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 06:18 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
i'm not trying to be a smart ***: why would anyone need more camber than OEM for the street?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a street car they shouldn't need more then stock, but some folks are just more aggressive on the streets then stock allows.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:26 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Og Neon
but some folks are just more aggressive on the streets then stock allows.
ah. those guys are the reason my town cracks down on imports

as others have mentioned, when it comes to tracking a car: camber is dependent on a lot of things. suspension settings and geometry, tires, etc. so it's hard to pick just one answer, unless the car is for daily driving. it sounds like we can all agree on that.