Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

LIQUI MOLY anti-squeal brake paste

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015 | 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

LIQUI MOLY anti-squeal brake paste

Has anyone used LIQUI MOLY products? I am looking at trying out their anti-squeal brake paste. Operating range -40C to +1200C.
Looks like it may be a decent product:

http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/p...cument&land=GB

What do you guys think?
Old Apr 5, 2015 | 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Better off getting the $.99 pack at autzone or oreily. Anti squeal brake paste prevents vibration traveling from the rotor to the brake pad only. My opinion, they all work the same. Don't fall for the fancy name brand.
Old Apr 7, 2015 | 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

though i've never used liqui moly, i've found everything will burn off under any kind of abuse. The best brake paste out there is the purple permatex ceramic stuff. The paste has a ceramic base that is able to withstand some insane temps. I slop that stuff on my track pads and it keeps the notoriously loud raybestos ST43's incredibly quiet. Initially they were completely silent, but It took 2 trackdays for those brakes to start squealing again. FYI, temps of 1000 to 1500 C are pretty typical for your pads to experience on a trackday. I was pretty impressed by the permatex ceramic stuff.

FYI permatex is rated to 3000 f, which is 1650 C