Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

knocking noise when turn right, come to a stop and reverse....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
knocking noise when turn right, come to a stop and reverse....

I have annoying knocking or vibrating noise when i turn specifically to the left, come to a slow stop, or reverse. Its like if something was lose and hitting something. It does not do it when turning right tho. Changed brakes and rotors and still did it. Lifted the car with mecanix and everything seamed in place and in good condition like bolts, control arms, etc... Just can figure what that noise!! anyone has had this problem its a evo x MR.... Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2016, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
load the suspension and get under it and start tapping stuff with a rubber mallet would be one thing to try otherwise maybe bad axles.. just guessing. Can you video the noise?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 09:07 AM

the funny thing is that it is intermittent, one days nothing and the other the noise comes up. Also, there will be days where run the car all day and its good but, later that night guess what comes up?? freaking noise lol
Old Jan 19, 2016, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CV joints/axles

Check your CV joints. Usually the turning noise comes from the front axles/CV joints. The straight motion noise might be your rear CV joints that need attention. GL and post the verdict.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 01:55 PM
Evom Guest Editor

Agree with above post. check those CV joints, had the same problem on my IX, noise only happened every now and then. Turned out to be CV joints on one axle. Hope you solve it soon. Good Luck!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 06:56 AM

hey guys sorry took me so long to reply... (stupid work) so i took the car last week just for a oil change and basic maintenance stuff... told the guyto drive it to see if he can make out whats thw knocking noise. he drove it and heard it. Lifted the car all cv axels, sway bars, end links, springs, everything was good! the o ly thi g we saw was the front strut had a little play like lose to it. tightened it and so far been days and no noise. Hopefully that was it but, well see if it comes back
Old Feb 16, 2016, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by bryan013evo
the funny thing is that it is intermittent, one days nothing and the other the noise comes up. Also, there will be days where run the car all day and its good but, later that night guess what comes up?? freaking noise lol
check your lug nuts.. that usually happens when they are loose.