Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Anyone sells front control arm bushing?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
Haven't taken any vids in a while.... can't see myself spending 400+ on go pro just for kicks when i can spend it on fuel/tires. I do need a video soon though.

I measure my alignment before/after the track weekend. From track weekend to track weekend, my rear toe is SPOT on. I use the string method with fishing wire and calipers so i can measure my toe down to the .001 inch. In measuring my front toe with the poly bushings after they went out, i would get readings of + or - .3 from each reading. It doesn't really wander much with DD driving and its super solid if you tug like a gorilla on the arm with the car in the air, its the forces of track driving that squish the bushing and it'll settle slightly off, causing a slight variance in toe.

As far as the car pulling and diving onto the front left corner, it was super obvious. Can't keep the car straight under braking. All bushings up front at this point were solid sphericals except for the front lca bushing.
So do you have a spherical in there now? Did it fix the issue? Cause it could also be that driving it hard with big sticky tires on a heavy car is just pushing your alignment out of wack a little at each track day (this is somewhat to be expected if you really push your car hard). If your camber plate slips a little it'll cause changes to toe as well. But if you got a spherical bushing in there and the problem went away then it's the bushings.

As far as video, I'm assuming you have a smart phone? A $20 dollar app and a decent mount will get you video with telemetry overlay. Look up Harry's Lap Timer, they have it for both iPhone and android. There are others too, maybe even a free one, but I like HLT. Here's a link to one of my vids with the app (don't judge my braking too harshly, pads weren't quite up to the task)

Old Apr 25, 2016, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes, i have a spherical in there now. It definitely cured all of the problems i spoke to earlier, but now i'm experiencing an issue where the eccentric won't stay put. It'll move over a couple sessions and i have to reset my camber. Its really annoying..... Vorshlag top hats are rock solid and aren't going anywhere.

I ended up going the racefab LCA route and i am thoroughly displeased with these arms. I'll have a full write up after my next track day.
Old May 5, 2016, 03:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Yes, i have a spherical in there now. It definitely cured all of the problems i spoke to earlier, but now i'm experiencing an issue where the eccentric won't stay put. It'll move over a couple sessions and i have to reset my camber. Its really annoying..... Vorshlag top hats are rock solid and aren't going anywhere.

I ended up going the racefab LCA route and i am thoroughly displeased with these arms. I'll have a full write up after my next track day.
this coming anytime soon? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it...
Old May 6, 2016, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warmmilk
this coming anytime soon? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it...
I'll try and write it today. My review won't be complete because i need more time on them, but so far i am not pleased.
Old May 6, 2016, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.boostedforums.net/showth...4197#post24197
Old May 6, 2016, 11:30 AM
EvoM Guru

sounds like quite the experience... so is anyone else running these arms? is it on their shop car or something? the issues you're having sound like you're the first person to try and put them on your car and actually set it up...
Old May 9, 2016, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Everyone else i've found that has run these arms are running 8's and 9's and are lowered a ton. Not sure if he has a different jig for a 10 or what.
Old May 9, 2016, 11:04 AM
EvoM Guru

Everyone else i've found that has run these arms are running 8's and 9's and are lowered a ton. Not sure if he has a different jig for a 10 or what.
is this the racefab you're talking about? maybe he sent you the wrong ones, cause the pic on the website shows a one piece arm for the 10, and you have a 2 piece? even the 7-9 is a one piece, only the 1-3 is a 2 piece set up... if he sent you the arms for the wrong evo it'd prolly go a long way in explaining your issues...

http://racefab.co.nz/
Old May 10, 2016, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warmmilk
is this the racefab you're talking about? maybe he sent you the wrong ones, cause the pic on the website shows a one piece arm for the 10, and you have a 2 piece? even the 7-9 is a one piece, only the 1-3 is a 2 piece set up... if he sent you the arms for the wrong evo it'd prolly go a long way in explaining your issues...

http://racefab.co.nz/
He changed the design to a 2 piece to allow adjustable caster and camber.

I updated the origional review to reflect some measurements i took on the arms. I measured a 2.5 degree discrepancy in the angle of the arm and balljoint cup. This explains a lot. :/