Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Front suspension arm

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front suspension arm

I'm trying to identify a front suspension wishbone on a competition car. Its not standard fitted to my car, but believe it was from an evo 3. Have ordered a replacement from Mitsubishi, but its not the right part. Can anyone help identify teh part number or what model evo its from. Many thanks, Ed
Old Feb 14, 2022, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a front suspension knock and have ruled out some other things. So far I have: Replaced sway end links Temporarily removed sway bar, problem still exists Replaced struts and strut mounts axles have no end play (someone suggested this could be knocking) I think the only thing left is to swap the control arms. My question is that the manual states to undo the steering rack bolts and drop the subframe in order to get at the front control arm bolt. As it sits normally the oil pan blocks direct access. This seems excessive, is it required?

Last edited by decoramber; Sep 2, 2024 at 03:43 AM.
Old Sep 2, 2024, 03:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by decoramber
I have a front suspension knock and have ruled out some other things. So far I have: Replaced sway end links Temporarily removed sway bar, problem still exists Replaced struts and strut mounts axles have no end play (someone suggested this could be knocking) I think the only thing left is to swap the control arms. My question is that the manual states to undo the steering rack bolts and drop the subframe in order to get at the front control arm bolt. As it sits normally the oil pan blocks direct access. This seems excessive, is it required?
I would like to just use either an impact with a wobble extension or a ratchet with a breaker bar to get it loose. Then I could replace and lower the car back down before tightening as usual.