Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

New Evo Final Edition Owner - Seeking Tire Advice

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 10:34 AM

New Evo Final Edition Owner - Seeking Tire Advice

Hi Everyone,

I am seeking some advice on the 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo Final Edition I purchased about a week ago. Unfortunately on my drive to work today my passenger side front tire blew (I found a nail in it).

The sticker on the car recommends 245/40 R18, but all the tires on the car are 225/40 ZR18, specifically these tires. Tires

I am assuming that these tires are fine because they are what was on the vehicle when I bought it, but I figured I would ask this group if these are acceptable tires to have on my car, or if I should swap them out for the manufacturer recommended size.

I appreciate any advice you all can give me, thank you in advance.

-Vincent
Old Yesterday | 04:31 PM

You will have a better handling car if you use OEM tire size 245 40 R18. 225 is going to be a stretched tire and I can only assume those are on there because the dealer or seller chose the cheapest route possible (smaller tire is cheaper). The only time you go smaller is for snow tires, which these are not.

I guess the other question would be are you running the original wheels. If you are, this is a no brainer go back to what the car was designed for at a minimum.
The following users liked this post:
Vincent12144 (Today)
Old Today | 12:38 PM

Thank you! I appreciate the clarity and advice. I’ll throw tires at the OEM size on it then and sell the current ones.