Notices
EvoM Announcements Discuss our latest site announcements.

Recent Ban For Shiv, Al, and Dave

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DragNRacing
With the wording you used in this post, "little school girls" and "retarded kids", in my opinion you are no better. You should be leading by example, and this is a poor one.
i am not trying to be polite about this bro, i agree that it is in bad taste but i stand by my comment that they are actilng like little kids.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Blonde, I am glad you stand by your comment. However, it doesn't change the fact that it is setting an example that is the exact thing you are trying to combat. Just seems a little backwards to me. If Shiv called Al a retard, or a little girl all hell would break loose. Just because you have a blue bar under your name doesn't mean that you should be exempt from the community rules you create and enforce.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu
Blonde, I am glad you stand by your comment. However, it doesn't change the fact that it is setting an example that is the exact thing you are trying to combat. Just seems a little backwards to me. If Shiv called Al a retard, or a little girl all hell would break loose. Just because you have a blue bar under your name doesn't mean that you should be exempt from the community rules you create and enforce.
thats how it should work... but it doesn't, not calling anyone out, but example Police... they speed and u don't see them pulling themselves over to write themself a ticket... so do you expect blonde to ban himself?

just giving an example, other than that, no offense was ment to be made... subject is heated enuff...
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

guys, i am sorry if it seems like i called the vendors retards or little girls, i meant that the vendors are actung like kids some times. i have some problems expressing myself sometimes and i can come off as aggressive. my appologies to all that were offended...

i gotta stop using little school girls, i watched mallrats andc lercks too many times
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

also Dustin, just for the record, i never called any vendor little girl or a retard. i said that they are acting like little girls. big difference. also, if i ever broke a forum rule, i would have no problem giving away my title...
Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:10 PM
Former Sponsor

No hard feelings, just want to make sure that we are all on the same page in terms of expectations.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

yes we are and again, sorry if i my comment came off the wrong way, that was not my intention...
Old Mar 17, 2006, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blonde
i am not trying to be polite about this bro, i agree that it is in bad taste but i stand by my comment that they are actilng like little kids.
"Acting like little kids" is a little better and I understand you are frustrated. I think David, Al and Shiv were all in a similar state of mind when they were making there posts. Personally, I think something like 'not acting mature/professional" would get the point across. I don't think you should give away your title or be banned. I have seen alot of good posts and constructive criticism from you. We all appreciate your effort.

Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2006, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Blonde will tell you , he and I havent seen eye to eye on alot of stuff, but I can respect him whole heartedly because the guy is a straight shooter, and he is very very fair. Like it or not what he is saying is correct. If the vendors are not held to a higher level then the flocks that follow them will never be controlled. There is no two ways around that.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

yea, i got my final warning a few months back... i deserved it tho... so i watch what and how i say things now.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

also, i have to disagree with you about the fact that these stupid vendor warrs not destroying our forums. i don't think you understand how many complaints we get each day from members that are sick and tired of watching every single thread go to the drain.
Is it 10, 100, or 30,000? How many of those who complain are lurking fanboys themselves?

Personally I don't understand why anyone would want an entire controversial thread to be deleted, just because it got unpleasant in some points. It's as if they're saying, "I realize I may stand to learn something from this thread, but the confrontational aspects are so personally offensive that I would rather waste money than parse out any value, especially since I don't like some of the things being said about the vendor I have patronized, by the vendor I have not"

Well I agree that forum-goers should not have to wade through garbage, again this calls for more staff or user post/thread ratings. I think moderators may be seeing it more in terms of the work it creates than the value offered.

Every time a vendor thread is deleted, future customers of that vendor become less informed.

it is not like the vendors are actually having a technical debate, they are acting like little school girls with things like "you have no idea how to toone" "how many engines did you blow this week" or even "you are a liar and i am better than you"
Again, you're grouping all involved threads and vendors without differentiating which, please forgive me, is a cop-out.

it is all a big joke in my opinion and i am actually shocked that they still get any business. i wouldn't let any of them come near my car not because they can't tune but because they are acting like kids. i would much rather go to a tuner who doens't give a crap about this drama and just let his work speak. we do have a few of those here and it is a JOY to watch them do their thing...
Then that is definitely proof positive that being a moderator has desensitized you to the hidden value in the mire of the drama threads.

I don't know about you, but most (granted, not all) of my negative experiences with vendors, have been with vendors who hardly post at all here because they have absolutely no interest in the accountability that being a participant in a community site like EvoM demands. I am not saying this about all "silent" vendors by any means, but it is a remark on the kind of vendor who would sooner screw you over than provide a satisfactory customer experience.

Every time a vendor posts something that is not happy feel-good, they know they are putting their reputation on the line.

If every dramatic thread is bound to be closed, don't you see how it actually makes the vendors involved less accountable, because they know no matter what transpires the thread is likely to be closed anyway?

More moderators, enable user ratings.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Is it just me or do the Gurus act more professional than anyone else on this forum?
Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's part of why they are gurus...
Old Mar 17, 2006, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

What gurus are we talking about?
Old Mar 17, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Guru,s, I thought they were TUNERS