Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

First Post.. My Mod Path. q's about redline, turbos, ems

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2004, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Post.. My Mod Path. q's about redline, turbos, ems

Ok, so i've been lurking and i've done a bunch of searches but i can't come up with much.

First off, i will be buying an Evo in the spring (not the MR probably just an RS or maybe the "VIII"). I'm looking to get around 27k. will this be possible?

Secondly, my goals for the evo are to keep up with my brother's STI (fp green, utec, exhaust, injectors, ~400whp), and also to be able to beat a stock 04 cobra from a roll and in the 1/4 at englishtown.
What mods do i need? should i do first? I don't want to stroke the engine, and i would also like to keep the muffler stock.

Thirdly what are the limits of the stock evo? Will the gearbox brake like on my wrx when you launch hard? I know the clutch is weak. What about revving the engine out? how high can i set the redline and what would i need (cost) to get the redline into the 8500-9000 rpm range?

thanks
-burrito