Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Pics Of Your Bronze/gold Wheels

Winters quickly comin here in Wisconsin and i need to get another set of rims. My only problem is narrowing it down and finding one good style. My Evo is rally red and has no exterior mods so far. We have two other cars ; one iwth white rims, other with gunmetal. So i think a bronze/ gold will look good on a rally red evo.
Post any pictures of gold/bronze and the name of the wheels you have on your evo along with the name.
I plan to buy these within a few weeks so i need to decide soon!

Oh yea, As this is my first time really posting, i thought id attach a few pix of our cars. i will post indetail about them when i have more time,

thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS-zzzuntitled6.jpg   NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS-zzzuntitled3.jpg   NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS-zzzuntitled8.jpg   NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS-zzzuntitled13.jpg   NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS-zzzevo.jpg  

Last edited by RED DEMON; Oct 28, 2004 at 07:53 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

few more pix of cars

The red hatch is a 97 civic dx hatch with a celica front end conversion, street fyghter front kit, Lexus Rx300 taillight conversion along with a veilside rear bumper. Also has a custom widebody to have the car look more proportional (celica wider than civic in front). Furthermore there are toyota mr2 sidevents moldedinto the side of the widebody. Also the rear lisence plate and all emblems, molding and handles/locks were shaved off, with a push button opener For now the engine consists of a b18c out of a type R gsr, along with a fluidyne radiator, intake, custom 3" exhaust, mugen ecu, ported heads, and short shifter kit for the gsr tranny. (NExt all i need is a t4 turbo!) For the interior, the whole thing is done in red/black tweed with 3D flames on the doors and dash. Also put on a momo steering wheel and took out power steering. That sums up the major mods, I have yet to install a EAI air suspension kit, big system i actually bought out of shaquille oneals car, and 3 gauges in the center console.

The silver celica is a daily runner, a 02 with already 60k on the odometer. Slapped on a trd extended exhaust, aem intake, and also got he factory action package which included the TRD bodykit and wing. I recently put in two kenwood tornado subs along with a rockford amp, kits pretty nice.

recently (3 months ago) we traded in a 03 Merlot (deep cherry metallic) Nissan 350z for a brand new rally red 03 evo with wing and sunroof. Last friday i put on a RS*R exhaust along with RS*R downpipe and a HKS turbo timer. \

The evo will probably become the project car, as i might try to sell sell the red civic after winter. With the extra cash, could further mod out the evo to perfection, heh
Attached Thumbnails NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS-zzzuntitled12.jpg   NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS-zzzuntitled9.jpg   NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS-zzzuntitled4.jpg   NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS-zzzuntitled7.jpg  

Last edited by RED DEMON; Oct 28, 2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

there are lots of wheels in the price range you want (gram lights are not 1 of them) but you will have to check weight & offset to clear the front calipers. you can always get a silver wheels & powdercoat them any color you want. may cost a little xtra though. living up there, i would invest in a good snow tire for the stock wheels & get a nice set up for the other seasons that you like. Good luck!! try some of the major ads in the mags. they might be able to help too.
www.tirerack.com
www.tires.com
Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

well if you have around 1600 to spend. get ssr comps... my friend is acutally selling his set.. form his evo hes getting rid of them... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=105443

thats the thread.. if not get rota torques from mach evo.. very nice wheels... get a gun metal color with the red... best of luck.. keep us posted with your choice
Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:51 PM

Why not just get winter tires put on the stock rims, then buy a different set to put the Yoko's on in the summer?
Old Oct 27, 2004, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

(EDIT)

im putting conti extreme contacts on the stock rims and then sticky rubber for the new rims.

Last edited by RED DEMON; Oct 28, 2004 at 08:06 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

pic one is a quick photochop i did of the bronze axis hiro on a red evo with silver polished lip, they are 19s in the pic but i would get 18s

pic 2 is the axis hiros in bronze

pic 3 is gram lights 57S in gold

pic 4 is rota torque in gold

pic 5 is rota torques in bronze on a red evo (17s)
Attached Thumbnails NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS-xxx-red-axis-hiro9.jpg   NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS-gram_lights_57s_gold.jpg   NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS-rota-torque-gold.jpg   NEW MEMBER (pix) AND NEED ADVICE ON WHEELS-zzzz-evo-rota.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old Oct 28, 2004, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheSmacker
Why not just get winter tires put on the stock rims, then buy a different set to put the Yoko's on in the summer?
ding ding ding
no need to buy expensive rims for the winter only to get them messed up
Old Oct 28, 2004, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

anyone have any pictures?
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

45 second rule needs to suck on the "shining monkey's" nuts

those are some nice lookin cars man, would love to see what you get done to that evo, and welcome aboard
Old Oct 29, 2004, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

yea, they quite fun, really hard to drive the civic someplaces here in Wisconsin with the ****TY roads. The air suspension will solve that problem! hope to install that after winter once i get the car outta storage.
Evo would be great, i would probably rip out the engine and rebuild it with new performance parts, then possibly slap a T4 on it.....ahhh the power/ hopefully i can pursue the evo project once i sell the civic