Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

detuning and evo? explaination inside

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2004, 06:16 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just tell your parents (and i will regret saying this) "the mustang is a fast american sports car"

"and the evo is a 4 door conservative sedan with just a large wing"

they might buy into it.......won't know till u try = )
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:15 PM

haha nice people on this forum

ok first - by more powerful i mean the mustang has more torque

answers:

i should smak you for saying buy an oz rally

i no the hp/tq ratings on the evo, and the mustang, dont get so defensive people, damn

im lookin at the wrx too but i like the evo alot more

kwman - thank you for the only helpful response - i am currently learning how to drive my car , im doin autocrosses soon, and a track event at CMP with a mustang club, im not such a dumb kid and dont assume im a bad driver because im young, my dad is an instructor for many clubs around here and he has been teaching me to drive sine i was 12

and no im not just a crazy domestic fanatic - my brother drives a MSP protege, and my dad drives a Rx7

az3ar..... wow .... just wow.....

and my dads not stupid lol, he knows about evos, he teaches evo drivers how to drive silly
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:17 PM
Account Disabled

lol dude, i feel sorry for your brother, he drives a mazdaspeed protege lol
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:18 PM

o and kwman, or anyone else whos not gonna be a jackass

what type of boost controller would work, id have to get a electronic to bring boost below stock levels wouldnt i?

what regulates boost on an evo? ecu right?
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:19 PM
Account Disabled

get a manual boost controller, much cheaper, also you don't want to lower your boost too much, might cause timing problem issues....
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:20 PM

groovytang - he is currently in the process of building an engine that will produce 300+ hp depending on what boost he decides to run - hes gonna run all the stock intercooler piping and turbo pipes but hes gonna run a T3/T4 turbo instead of the teeny GT25

dont feel sorry

and for all the people who are being asses about a young kid gettin a powerful sports car - chill out, im tryin to bring down the power, try reading the title of the thread
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:21 PM
Account Disabled

if your brother is allowed to build his engine up to be fast? then why doesn't your parents allow you to get a fast car?
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:23 PM

my brother is a freshman in college so he can do pretty much what he wants

it doesnt really make sense tho - my brother is gonna have a 300+ hp protege, ill be driving a 300 hp on the street, but i cant get a powerful car once its time for me to get one

maybe they will reason on gettin an evo but i can only hope right now

Last edited by Shutta; Nov 29, 2004 at 07:25 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:25 PM

if you get an evo and add a boost controller, that nob will not be used to reduce boost.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:28 PM

hehe id probably find a way to convince my dad that he'd locked the boost level in

but would a boost controller be able to lower stock boost level instead of rasing it?

- Jon
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

"Mom, listen, this bike MAY be 1200cc's, but its much bigger and heavier than my old 600cc bike, so its nots nearly as fast."

Dad-"Why was the project called project 330, James?"

"Umm, its a model number...yeah....thats it"

My parents bought that one when I went out and bought a Kawasaki ZX12R at the ripe age of 22. I was, am and shall ever be crazy. Point is, some people can handle it, some cannot. If your parents dont think you can handle it, maybe they know something you dont?
Just a thought, my friend.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by feldguy
"Mom, listen, this bike MAY be 1200cc's, but its much bigger and heavier than my old 600cc bike, so its nots nearly as fast."

Dad-"Why was the project called project 330, James?"

"Umm, its a model number...yeah....thats it"

My parents bought that one when I went out and bought a Kawasaki ZX12R at the ripe age of 22. I was, am and shall ever be crazy. Point is, some people can handle it, some cannot. If your parents dont think you can handle it, maybe they know something you dont?
omg ::shakes head::
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

i don't really know how ebc works but with an mbc, you remove the solenoid. that takes your boost down to like 7-8psi. then with the mbc, you turn the boost back up.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by feldguy
My Point is, some people can handle it, some cannot. If your parents dont think you can handle it, maybe they know something you dont?
they are probably right about a full power evo, but an evo with boost turned down would be pretty hard to get into trouble with - ~200hp and AWD

also they arent really making this decision based on my driving ability - just on my age -- the two are almost directly related but by the time im a senior i plan to have done many autocrosses and a couple track events - that would probably make me a more capable driver than most of the people behind evos right now

just another thought

- Jon
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:44 PM

negativeB - which solenoid are you talkin about

Quick Reply: detuning and evo? explaination inside