Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

detuning and evo? explaination inside

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2004, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
detuning an evo? explanation inside

hey everyone, im new here. im currently 15, about to turn 16 and i have a V6 mustang 5 spd, i get a new car from my parents the summer of my senior year (WHEN I TURN 18)and i really like the evo, i drove an RS a while back and fell in love.

i no the evo isnt incredibly powerful , but i might need to detune it for my parents to agree to it,

the point of this thread is, do yall have any ideas about reducing power in a smart way, i thought of puttin on an electronic boost controller and just dialing down the boost, or somehow restricting the stock airbox, any other ideas?

and what boost does an evo run stock?

thanks, Jon

DO NOT POST IF ALL YOU ARE GOING TO SAY IS THAT YOU DISAPROVE OF ME GETTING AN EVO, I DONT REALLY CARE WHAT YOU THINK ON THIS SUBJECT

ALSO, NOTE THAT I AM NOT LOOKING TO GET AN EVO ANY TIME SOON, I AM LOOKING TO GET AN EVO WHEN I AM 18

EDITED FOR SIMPLICITY AND ANTI-FLAMAGE

Last edited by Shutta; Nov 30, 2004 at 05:29 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

buy an oz rally\

There is no reason to detune the evo... if your parents wouldnt let your brother buy and mustang cause of a claimed 260 horsepower, what makes you think they will let you get a more expensive evo with 271hp?
Evolving Member

Newbie section.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/fo...aysprune=&f=61
Evolved Member

Get your facts down the Evo is rated at 271hp at the flywheel so it is more powerfull than the Mustang at 260hp. Even if you turn down the boost it will be still be plenty to get you into trouble.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

i no the evo isnt as powerful as the mustang, but i might need to detune it for my parents to agree to it, but dont worry ill undo whatever i did as soon as it wont be too conspicuous.

the point of this thread is, do yall have any ideas about reducing power in a smart way, i thought of puttin on an electronic boost controller and just dialing down the boost, or somehow restricting the stock airbox, any other ideas?
LMAO!!!!!!!

ummm well heres a plan. just tell your parnets its s 4cyl and be like " how much power can a 4 cyl produce " and if worst comes to worse... i think detuning and evo should be against the law.. why not just go with a WRX or somethign then?? and just mod it???
Old Nov 29, 2004, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

who told you the EVO wasn't as powerful as a mustang?? 271hp/273 torque
Old Nov 29, 2004, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Whew alright...well first of all an evo may not have the same power as a mustang on paper but an evo will never lose to a mustang stock for stock. Secondly resricting the stock airbox would be a HORRIBLE idea, anytime you rob the engine of much needed air is not a good thing to do. The evo also runs about 18-19 psi stock some a little less. Right now, concentrate on taking your v6 'stang to performance driving schools, autox's and learn whats needed to compensate for these beastly machines, before you think about asking mom and dad for a 30k + car, think about ensuring your safety and driving ability first and then decide on whats right for you. But yes dialing down boost is a good way to reduce power, or just be responsible, keep it stock, and keep the warranty. Good luck with your aquisition and take it easy out there.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Oh yeah, is your mustang green? I know how you younger guys like your green mustangs. I see them everywhere...make sure you get some APC stickers and windshield washer lights too.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

who told you the EVO wasn't as powerful as a mustang?? 271hp/273 torque
probaly someone with a mustang lol ( while on drugs )
Old Nov 29, 2004, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steveevo8
probaly someone with a mustang lol ( while on drugs )
that or someone that thinks "it's just a 4cyl, it can't possiblly bet a V8!!"
Old Nov 29, 2004, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I have to say is "OH MY GOD" :thumbsdown:
Old Nov 29, 2004, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

oops, thought i could memorize the the thumbs-----> {thumbsdwn} {thumbsdwn} {thumbsdwn} {thumbsdwn}
Old Nov 29, 2004, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

ahhhhhh, there it is! jeeezz im the moron now!!
Old Nov 29, 2004, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think these guys will take you seriously until your grammar and spelling are both immaculate.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shutta
hey everyone, im new here. im currently 15, about to turn 16 and i have a V6 mustang 5 spd, i get a new car from my parent the summer of my senior year and i really like the evo, i drove an RS a while back and fell in love. anyways my brother was in the same situation and he tried to get a V8 mustang and they shot him down

the v8 mustang has (claimed by ford) 260 hp and 300 tq at the flywheel

i no the evo isnt as powerful as the mustang, but i might need to detune it for my parents to agree to it, but dont worry ill undo whatever i did as soon as it wont be too conspicuous.

and what boost does an evo run stock?

thanks, Jon

I think you need a bicycle and time to grow up. If your parents buy you an EVO they need to be shot in the head. I give you 2 days before you hit the wall.

Quick Reply: detuning and evo? explaination inside