Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

EVO as First Car

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I's more about your brothers level of maturity, which only you can judge. If he's a responsible, intelligent kid, who has respect for his pocessions and for his fellow drivers, then maybe it's a good idea. However, since it's his first car and his parents are most likely buying for him I say screw that. I got my evo as my second car after saving for a couple years and for that reason I think I have more respect for the car. I don't like it when kids are just handed things like cars. Just my 2 cents.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Pros= Nice car for a first car...
Cons= insurance,maintainance,speeding tickets,insurance just incase insurance. lol
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I'm gonna put this here since apparently some people can't be bothered to read the thread or look at dates.

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Why are people still responding to this thread? It was started over 5 years ago and the OP hasn't posted on Evom at all in close to 2 years, he doesn't give a **** about this ****ing thread anymore, let it die, FFS people.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by orangeorphan
I's more about your brothers level of maturity, which only you can judge. If he's a responsible, intelligent kid, who has respect for his pocessions and for his fellow drivers, then maybe it's a good idea. However, since it's his first car and his parents are most likely buying for him I say screw that. I got my evo as my second car after saving for a couple years and for that reason I think I have more respect for the car. I don't like it when kids are just handed things like cars. Just my 2 cents.
His brother is like 21ish now... Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by hmsevo9mr
Pros= Nice car for a first car...
Cons= insurance,maintainance,speeding tickets,insurance just incase insurance. lol
Pros= This thread is ancient and now we can make fun of you
Cons= You look like a fool and ruin EvoM by bringing up dead threads. (Also, insurance isn't that bad if you're smart about it)
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

And just so people can see it on this page:

Dec 29, 2004, 07:19 PM
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by UT_Evo
And just so people can see it on this page:

Dec 29, 2004, 07:19 PM

Who cares. It's still a relevant topic.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

No it's not, the OP hasn't posted in two years and his brother is 5 years older, the topic is about as relevant as debating whether America should fight in WWII.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No it's not, the OP hasn't posted in two years and his brother is 5 years older, the topic is about as relevant as debating whether America should fight in WWII.
Doesn't matter. The subject is still relevant.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

No, it's not. The thread is old as ****, there are newer threads that are centered purely around the topic of young drivers and high performance cars. This thread ran it's course and should be allowed to die. The OP doesn't care anymore, therefore, this thread is irrelevant as far as what it was originally created for is concerned. Young drivers considering an Evo won't read it anyways, if they did, we wouldn't need a new one every time some 16 year old thought he was hot **** and deserved an Evo.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by metalsaber
But answering the OP's question is not. If someone else has the same question, then by all means raise it from the dead.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Needed a good laugh today..

So what ended up happening?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by metalsaber
haha lmao "that was so 5 years ago"

hahaha
Old Jan 20, 2010, 02:24 PM

Guys what would consider an "experienced driver"? how many miles done on a car would be considered experienced enough for evo/sti/ etc?
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

It's hard to say what or how many miles would be considered experienced. As long as you aren't stupid, I think a 16 year-old can handle and Evo/Sti etc. It's not insane power, and with AWD and the way the cars handle they can make up for a lot of stupid driver mistakes. If you're just driving a normal car and are a pretty idiotic driver, I'd say at least 2-3 years of driving or 30k-ish miles. But even then, old habits die hard. The oldest/most experienced of drivers still do stupid things.

Now if we were talking Carrera S or Z06 or something like that... We'd have another story. I think some practice is needed before hopping in to one of those as a first car.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

this just made my day

Quick Reply: EVO as First Car